|Date Posted||December 8, 2021|
Health Care / Medical
Lira Regional Referral Hospital (RRH) has received a grant from the United States Government through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID to implement a Government to Government (G2G) funded HIV and TB Health System Strengthening Project. The project aims at strengthening capacity of the RRH teams in HIV and TB service delivery, leadership, management, and accountability. Government to Government (G2G) is a USAID initiative to transition delivery of services and technical assistance to local partners including host government entities. The G2G initiative is also part of efforts to support local ownership and enhance the sustainability of results. The awards under this mechanism focus on HIV service delivery and health systems strengthening including public financial management. As one of the recipients of these awards, Lira Regional Referral Hospital invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following positions to be submitted to the address below not later than 5:00pm, 23 December 2021. Note that Health Workers recruited under this project will be given employment contracts by the hospital. These are full time jobs, so people already holding full time Government Jobs should not apply. Salaries will be based on Government of Uganda scales.
Post: Medical Records Officers – 2 posts
Reports to: Senior Medical Records Officer
• Must have a honours degree in either A Bachelors’ degree in either Health Informatics, HealthInformation Management, Health Information Technology, Medical Records and Health Informatics, Library and Information Science or the equivalent from a recognized
• Must have at least three-yearsrelevant work experience in records management in the health sector Enter all required records in electronic data base -Uganda EMR (Open MRS)
• Carry out data cleaning of all records entered
• Extract data from the system according to data requests availed.
• Troubleshoot and maintain the electronic systems
• Support the nearby Health Facilities with Data entry into Uganda EMR as assigned.
• Support and mentor the health facility medical records clerks in the following:
• Registration of all patients
• Recording patient visits and other registration data in appropriate HMIS tools
• Preparing patient files for the clinic day Filing all patient files at the end of the clinic and all laboratory test /results.
• Ensuring availability of required HMIS tools i.e. registers, forms, guidelines etc.
• Perform data abstraction from the HMIS, EMR and other sources for project reporting.
• Any other relevant duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Applicants must be registered with the relevant professional council and have a valid practicing license were applicable. Applicants should also attach updated Curriculum Vitae, photocopies of certificates and testimonials of the academic credentials and contact information for 3 professional references to;
Lira regional Referral Hospital
P.O. BOX 2, Lira
Hand delivered to the Hospital Central Registry By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org File size must not exceed 2MB