|Date Posted||December 8, 2021|
Health Care / Medical
Lira Regional Referral Hospital (RRH) has received a grant from the United States Government through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID to implement a Government to Government (G2G) funded HIV and TB Health System Strengthening Project. The project aims at strengthening capacity of the RRH teams in HIV and TB service delivery, leadership, management, and accountability. Government to Government (G2G) is a USAID initiative to transition delivery of services and technical assistance to local partners including host government entities. The G2G initiative is also part of efforts to support local ownership and enhance the sustainability of results. The awards under this mechanism focus on HIV service delivery and health systems strengthening including public financial management. As one of the recipients of these awards, Lira Regional Referral Hospital invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following positions to be submitted to the address below not later than 5:00pm, 23 December 2021. Note that Health Workers recruited under this project will be given employment contracts by the hospital. These are full time jobs, so people already holding full time Government Jobs should not apply. Salaries will be based on Government of Uganda scales.
Post: Medical Laboratory Technologist 1 Post
Reports to: Senior Medical Laboratory Technologist
• Must possess a Bachelors’ degree in Medical Laboratory Science/Technology or its equivalent from a recognized University/Institution
• Must be registered and gazetted by the Allied Health Professional Council
• Must have at least two years relevant working experience in either Government or a reputable organization
Duties and responsibilities
• Collecting and analyzing specimens.
• Implementing bio-safety and bio security guidelines.
• Executing work plans and budgets.
• Interpreting and reporting results.
• Supervising and on bench training of students.
• Developing and implementing standard operating procedures
• Analyzing disease surveillance specimens.
• Managing and utilizing data generated from the laboratory
Applicants must be registered with the relevant professional council and have a valid practicing license were applicable. Applicants should also attach updated Curriculum Vitae, photocopies of certificates and testimonials of the academic credentials and contact information for 3 professional references to;
Lira regional Referral Hospital
P.O. BOX 2, Lira
Hand delivered to the Hospital Central Registry By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org File size must not exceed 2MB