|Date Posted||November 20, 2023|
Sales and Marketing
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reporting to: Group Head of Marketing
To develop and implement effective marketing strategies to drive brand awareness, customer engagement, representation and manage the company brand in the digital space and on ground.
JOB ROLES AND EXPECTATIONS:
Key Result Area
Key Roles / Duties
Digital space maintenance and development duties
• Oversee all company social media accounts management.
• Coordinates social media messaging in line with marketing and advertising campaigns.
• Audits and analyses social media presences, including digital advertising costs and returns on investment.
• Work with other departments to develop social media timelines coinciding with new product releases, advertisement campaigns, or other brand messages.
• Administrate the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content.
• Handle promotion strategies and social media campaigns in line with the company direction.
• Engage with the online customer users and be the online brand ambassador.
• Liaise with the marketing team to boost and drive marketing campaigns, assess the impact and identify areas of improvement in the online space.
• Design, organize and train different staff on how to maximize the online platforms and improve staff knowledge of the company online initiatives.
• Monitor market trends, research consumer markets and competitors’ activities to identify opportunities and key issues in the digital space.
Public Relations and Brand management
• Be the face of Abacus Group of Companies at events and conferences as required, particularly with corporate clients.
• Conduct regular media monitoring, particularly of competitors and FMCG industry keeping track of competitor activities and pre-empty own brand activities.
• Ensure timely internal brand communications to staff.
• Act as a liaison with branches and media outlets regarding company’s media presence.
• Track brand health performance and outline gaps, identified to grow brands.
• Act as a custodian for all brands, their images, communications etc.
• Brainstorm new and innovative brand growth strategies.
• Raise awareness (internally and online) of CSR activities and events carried out by the company and document the progress.
• Develop and implement comprehensive marketing plans aligned with business goals.
• Build solutions to marketing that are differentiated in a competitive industry.
• Conduct market research to identify opportunities, consumer behavior, and industry trends.
• Coordinate with sales, product development, and other teams to align marketing efforts with overall company objectives.
• Foster relationships with external partners and agencies as needed
Any other Duties
1. Ensure that any other duty assigned by Management is executed to Management expectations
Technical Knowledge/ Skills:
✓ Communication skills
✓ Customer service skills ✓ Content Creation skills
✓ Creativity and Innovation
✓ Analytical skills
✓ Web Proficiency and computer skills
Behavioral / Attitude Competencies:
✓ Problem Solving
✓ Active listening skills
✓ Team player
✓ Leadership skills
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
• At least 3 years’ experience in the related field.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, mass communication or any related field.
• Proficient in content marketing theory and application.
• Strong analytical skills and proficiency in using marketing tools and platforms.
• Exceeds at building and maintaining business relationships, online and off.
• Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research and Google Analytics.
• Demonstrates winning Social Customer Service techniques such as empathy, patience, advocacy and conflict resolution.
• Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media.
should apply by sending their CV and academic credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org