|Date Posted||December 4, 2021|
SNV is seeking to recruit the services of a Market Development Fund (MDF) Finance advisor. The MDF is a key component of this project. The advisor is responsible for the overall management of the fund. The activities include:
• Design & establishment of the market development fund including the MDF operational guidelines, manuals (which includes MDF strategy, selection criteria, budget allocations among others)
• Oversee the process of identification, engagement of the qualifying grantees for the MDF funds.
• Plan and execute the grant-making process by closely working with the finance team, and grantees to make sure the process is mutually beneficial and compliant with eligibility criteria and accountability.
• Ensuring compliance and optimal allocations of catalytic grants and RBF grants
• Support to grantees that have received support from the MDF ensuring timely and quality advise is provided to improve practice.
• Contribute to internal and external knowledge development, ensures lessons learned are shared and applied in daily practice
• Documentation and sharing learnings on the MDF management to improve practice.
• Take lead in collaborating with other SNV projects involved in RBF and or catalytic grant funding with the aim of learning and or sharing the learnings from IMEU.
• Identify and analyse market opportunities and threats related to IMEU project and SNV in general and ensures relevant colleagues are informed.
• Actively participate in strategic positioning meetings and acts as a knowledgeable face of the SNV organisation to the client. Analyse, understand, and develop (local) networks with relevant stakeholders.
• Contribute to market development fund technical content on reporting to the donor
• Minimum of a master’s degree in economics, Business Administration, Energy Management, Development, or another relevant field.
• Additional specialised professional qualification (finance management) is a plus
• Minimum 6 years progressive experience at Senior level role in fund/grant management in Agriculture, Energy or Livelihood sectors.
• Minimum of 10 years overall working experience in a development NGO, 5 of which should have been at Senior level.
• Track record of successful leadership of a thematic area and delivering results.
• Strong knowledge of business climate, ecosystem, leveraging networks, resources, and approaches.