|Date Posted||November 30, 2021|
IT / Information Technology
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop and implement an updated IT strategy and implement all IT policies and procedures, including architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision
2. Hands-on deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals
3. Ensure internal IT support services in the country office, and field Level operations are effectively and efficiently automated and maintain industry-standard procedures for in-house/outsourced applications and IT service management. Propose and implement required IT infrastructure capacity that meets existing and future IT operations
4. Provide prompt support to the internal IT team members, according to the priority of problems, and guide them to resolve the problem of ERP and other existing applications and infrastructure. In addition, supervise daily activities of IT support team focusing on developing individual capabilities appropriate for the present and the future operational needs of the department
5. Perform SBI Cloud configuration as administration part of IT support service. In addition, ensure the availability of IT operational support services for assigned staff & regional offices.
6. Manage and ensure IT compliance, service management, issue tracking, change request management of all IT projects and oversee all phases of the project from conception to completion
7. Provide day-to-day leadership to the team and prepare a training plan to build the capacity of the team and end-users in order to maximize the use of networks and computing systems.
8. Maintain data center environment, application hosting, establish and maintain replica server, create VM, remote access, establish VPN network management, hardware mount, database, and application environment readiness.
9. Provide data center monitoring report to Bl and Supervisor every month. Ensure the checklist process for commissioning and decommissioning any equipment to or from the data center and getting prior approval from Bl and supervisor.
10. Manage relationships with key stakeholders internally and interface with third-party contractors, vendors, and consultants-proper management of software application implementation with the vendor and overseeing its post-including help desk and technical support services
11. Study, develop, and coordinate the linkages between CO and Projects ICT activities with respect to cross-compatibility and use of hardware and software, networks, e-mail groups, web-site design, database design and software development, e-based public information, and advocacy campaigns.
12. Uphold the BRAC vision, mission, core values and policies including an effective safeguarding policy,
13. Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor
Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect. harassment and exploitation to achieve the program’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment. Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action. Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
Qualifications and Requirements
Master’s degree in information technology or related fields (Testimonials will not be allowed). Any professional courses related to the function will be an added advantage. Minimum of 5 years of experience doing related work preferably with International NGO, Web development skills in C#, MVC, JAVA, ASP and NET, Experience on Android Application Development, Strong knowledge in MSSQL, SQLITE, MySQL and Oracle, Skills in data Analysis & various report generation, User training & support Leadership, communication, networking and interpersonal skills.
Interested candidates should send their Application, CV and academic documents as one document addressed to the Head Human Resources by email to
The subject must be the name of the position applied for strictly when submitting. Only complete applications will be accepted, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: BRAC Uganda doesn't charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process from the applicants. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any communication purportedly on behalf of BRAC Uganda please send us an email before taking any further action in relation to the issue at hand. BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation - regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedure include extensive background checks and disclosure of criminal records in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent. BRAC is an equal opportunities employer