|Date Posted||November 30, 2021|
BRAC is a global leader in creating large-scale opportunities for the poor. Founded in Bangladesh in 1972, it is now one of the world’s largest development organizations, touching the lives of an estimated 138 million people in 11 countries across Asia and Africa. For more information, please visit BRAC’s website, www.brac.net.
BRAC Uganda NGO operates in 1) Agriculture, Food Security & Livelihood; 2) Health Program; 3) Ultra Poor Graduation/Disability Inclusion; 4) Education & youth Empowerment ;5) Emergence Preparedness & Response; BRAC Uganda Country Office is located at Plot 880, Heritage Road, Nsambya. All suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply for the following vacancies.
Job Title: Manager Administration, Procurement & Logistics
Job Location: Country Office
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Lead the development and implementation of high quality
departmental strategic plan and AOP (including the annual budget and procurement plan) relevant to the local context and the organizational priorities and guide all users in procurement planning and the actual procurement processes.
2. To receive all requisitions with detailed specification and justification (where required) and arrange immediate action following the procurement guideline.
3. To ensure transparency, faimess and highest level of integrity in all procurement and logistics activities in line with the procurement principles
4. To confirm that all kinds of materials are procured as per the demand from the user department and negotiate with the bidders to ensure value for money
5. Prepare and submit standard monthly, quarterly and annual reports and other supporting documents to the Country Director
6. To preserve and ensure necessary documentation for audit trail and soft copy entry for future record
7. Identify potential business, branch premises and work with legal department and management to negotiate and finalize leasing/ tenancy agreements, ensure the buildings are well constructed, maintained and satisfy health and occupation guidelines.
8. To efficiently and timely procure quality materials, items, utilities and services including insurance, communication, warehousing, storage and security from competent sources.
9. In charge of all BRAC Uganda assets, properties and business premises, furniture, equipment, fittings, stationery and other supplies through safe keeping, proper inventory registers and records, maintenance, repairing, replacement, fleet management and disposal of obsolete and unusable items.
10. To have the overall responsibility for recruitment, supervision, annual performance appraisal and capacity development of the administration, procurement and logistics team in collaboration with the HR department
11. Manage the security of staff and property at the country and the regional offices
12. Uphold the BRAC vision, mission, core values and policies including an effective safeguarding policy,
13. Other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor
1. Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the program’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment
2. Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
3. Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
Qualifications and Requirements
Master’s degree in procurement and logistics or related fields (Testimonials will not be allowed). Any professional courses related to the field will be an added advantage. Minimum of 5 years’ experience doing related work in a managerial or supervisory level. Knowledge in Computer literacy, Project management, multitasking and attention to detail, Good oral and written communication skills, Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, good judgmental, supervisory and innovation skills, Planning and organizing skills, Discretion and tactical skills in dealing with people of diverse culture, High level of integrity and confidentiality, Good team player, Problem solving, good judgement, critical thinking skills.
Interested candidates should send their Application, CV and academic documents as one document addressed to the Head Human Resources by email to
The subject must be the name of the position applied for strictly when submitting. Only complete applications will be accepted, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: BRAC Uganda doesn't charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process from the applicants. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any communication purportedly on behalf of BRAC Uganda please send us an email before taking any further action in relation to the issue at hand. BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation - regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedure include extensive background checks and disclosure of criminal records in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent. BRAC is an equal opportunities employer