|Date Posted||September 22, 2022|
Uganda Civil Aviation Authority (UCAA) is a corporate body responsible for regulation of civil aviation in Uganda. It manages Entebbe International Airport (EIA) and thirteen (13) other upcountry aerodromes. UCAA carries out its work in conformity with International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs). The Authority now plans to recruit suitably qualified Ugandans of impeccable integrity and commitment to fill the following position in its establishment as detailed below:
JOB REF : UCAA/ADV/EXT/01/2022
Post : Manager Accounting
Reports To : Director Finance
Salary Level : 13
Vacancies : 01
Job Purpose : To lead Financial Accounting, Stores and Pay and Benefits processes by ensuring accurate accounting data and records. Also prepares accurate and timely financial reports including statutory statements.
• Planning, Budgeting and Controlprocess.
• Managing payment processes.
• Managing the automation of accounting and other administrative processes.
• Cashflow Management.
• Financial Reporting in accordance with acceptable accounting standards.
• Ensures Statutory Audits are conducted in accordance with the law.
• Stores Management.
• Ensuring compliance with statutory requirements.
• Pay and Benefits Management.
• Ensures effective Asset management processes.
• Human Resources Management.
• Carries out any other lawful assignment allocated by the immediate Supervisor.
Essential Requirements 1. Membership to professional accounting bodies– ACCA,
• CPAK, CPA U, CIMA etc.
• 2. A Masters Degree in Accounting and Finance or MBA from a reputable University.
• 3. An HonoursDegree in Commerce, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Statistics, Business computing or any other related field.
4. Eight (8) years’ experience in Finance or Accounting
Function in a large and reputable business or government organization four (4) of the years should be at a senior supervisory level.
• 5. Applicants should not exceed the age of 55 years.
• Desirable Requirements
• Leadership training.
• Work experience in the Public Sector.
• Experience § Experience in computerized Accounting e.g SUN System, NAVISION, IFMS and other related packages.
• Experience with Microsoft packages e.g power point, excel, word etc.
• High level experience in public or private sector management.
Proven experience in budgeting and budgetary controls.
• Knowledge of Government Financial Management regulations.
• Experience in financial reporting and related reporting standards and working with Auditors.
Special Skills And Attributes
• Must be a seasoned People Manager with demonstrable prior experience and success in overseeing Staff productivity and Performance Management.
• Should have the ability to handle and deal with stakeholders at all levels.
• Must possess a high level of integrity, flexibility, teamwork, maturity, problem solving and decision making skills.
It is the duty of the applicant to ensure that his/her application is received by the indicated date and late applications will not be entertained under any circumstances.
c) In your CV please include contacts of two credible referees i.e one professional (Past or present employer/supervisor) and the other for character assessment.
We pledge to conduct a transparent recruitment process!
The Director Human Resource & Administration,
Uganda Civil Aviation Authority (Head Office),
P.O. Box 5536,