|December 7, 2023
Hello Hello! Alight is recruiting Logistics Officer for our program in Uganda. You’re interested in joining us? Welcome, we’re happy you’re here!
If you join us, you will find…
A team with deep experience in co-designing solutions that create new value around the world. We know we need to always be better, and we believe in the power and abundance of everyday people, everywhere, to change the world with us.
A culture of radical accountability to our customers –as we help build a meaningful life for and with the displaced, we ask them what they want and then deliver on it.
Reporting to the Team Leader, the Logistics Officer- Distri will be responsible for Proper warehouse management in line with ALIGHT and UNHCR policy requirements, compute and record information, support community service in NFI distribution and reporting, Prepare monthly stores and stock/inventory reports, manage all warehouse related documentation.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Compute, record, and proofread data and other information, such as distribution reports and stock reports before dissemination
• Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems, either manually or using a computer for the all the record and information relating to warehouse and stores.
Compile and disseminate distribution summary reports.
Record amounts of materials or items received, distributed and returned to the warehouse.
• Compile inventory balances and communicate to program
Routinely conduct spot checks on the distribution.
• Maintain records of all activities and processes pertaining to the stock movements in storehouse.
• Prepare weekly stock in and out stock movement reports for core relief items
Periodically carry out self-auditing to ensure that correct records are kept, systems and procedures are followed, reporting times are met, etc. by use of designed checklists, stipulated expiry / perishable dates.
• Maintain and update good information/record system for easy reference (copies of all relevant documentation including delivery notes, requisition notes, purchase orders, and shipment, reports, etc.)
• Prepare NFI’s distribution and reconciliation reports at the end of every distribution cycle clearly indicating quantities dispatched, issued to beneficiaries, returns and losses.
• Prepare and submit monthly stock movement reports.
• Perform any other duties assigned to you.
• A minimum of a University degree in Logistics/Procurement /Business Administration or related field.
• 3 years of experience in supply chain management with good understanding of donor and INGO procedures,
• Strong organizational skills;
• Computer literate with hands on MS Office programs, especially in MS Excel.
• A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action as to not delay program activities.