|Date Posted||August 21, 2019|
|Street||Plot 24 Block A, Martyrs' Way Ntinda|
|The Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA) is a Statutory Body established in accordance with the Electricity Act, 1999, Chapter 145 of the Laws of Uganda. The Act empowers ERA to regulate the Generation, Transmission, Sale, Export, Import and Distribution of Electrical Energy in Uganda.
The Authority seeks to recruit a competent and well-motivated person to fill the vacant position of Legal Officer. The position is contractual, running for an initial Five (5) year period and subject to renewal, upon satisfactory performance.
|Job Title:||Legal Officer|
|Supervisor:||Manager Legal Services|
|Department:||Legal and Authority Affairs|
|Contract Length:||5 years|
1. Review and process License and Permit Applications and documentation.
2. Carryout due diligence of License and Permit Applications to ascertain the validity of their Legal Documentation.
3. Draft License and Permit documentation in line with the Authority’s Licensing Terms and Conditions, Guidelines, Procedures and Practices.
4. Liaise with and follow up with License and Permit Applicants to ensure completeness of documentation submitted for Permit and License Applications.
5. Represent ERA in Courts of Law and the Electricity Disputes Tribunal.
1. Support the formulation of Licensing Policy, Procedures and Practices for the Regulation of the Electricity Supply Industry.
2. Be at the central point of receiving and dispensing all Statutory and Licensing Notices, Complaints, Directives, Modifications and Amendments as well as the Renewal of existing Licenses, Permits and contracts in a timely manner.
3. Draft, review, interpret, compose and negotiate all contracts and agreements to which ERA is a party.
4. Coordinate with other Departments and support, routine licensing and permit administration, management and processing through filing, record keeping, maintaining licensing and permit data bases.
5. Review and carryout due diligence on Applications for Permits and Licenses, advise and escalate issues of potential legal and regulatory nature related to the Applications.
6. Carryout research and provide Legal Opinion and Technical input in the design and review of Licensing and Subsidiary Regulations License and Permit Instruments, new Regulatory and Legal Developments on a continuous basis as need arises.
7. Coordinate and support the work and activities of the licensing and projects task team in regard to new and existing projects/applications.
8. Develop, maintain and update databases on status of License and Permit Applications and related filing and records.
9. Provide support to Management at Public Hearings.
10. Represent ERA in Courts of Law and the Electricity Disputes Tribunal.
11. Any other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Supervisor or Management.
|Academic Qualifications and Working Experience|
Deadline : 21st August 2019