|Date Posted||November 16, 2022|
Education / Teaching
Kabale University is a Public University pursuant to Statutory Instrument No. 36 of 16th July 2015 under The Universities and other Tertiary Institutions Act 2001 (as amended). Applications are invited from suitably qualified and interested candidates for the following posts that exist at Kabale University.
JOB TITLE : LECTURER-Soil Science
Salary Scale : M6.1TSc
No. of posts: : 01
Serial. No. : EXT AD 09/3/2022
Responsible to : Senior Lecturer
Responsible for : Lower-level Academic Staff
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To conduct high quality research and teach undergraduate, postgraduate and research students as appropriate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares lectures and delivers them to undergraduate and post-graduate students.
- Sets tests, examinations and course work.
- Administers and invigilates tests and examinations.
- Marks tests, course work and examinations scripts, compiles and grades examination results.
- Guides and advises students on their academic performance.
- Attends to students’ non-academic challenges and refers those that need further counseling and guidance.
- Conducts research and disseminates research findings through conferences, seminars and publications.
- Supervises undergraduate and post graduate students undertaking research projects.
- Conducts seminars and tutorials.
- Carries out official administrative duties in the department as directed by the Head of Department.
- Contributes to the University and wider society through community service.
- Should have an earned PhD or Masters degree on PhD track
- Should have excellent interpersonal and effective communication skills.
- Should have proven ability to conduct scholarly research.
- Should be computer literate.
- Should have the ability to work in a team and network with the like-minded.
Suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications in sealed envelopes clearly indicating the position applied for and serial number to the address below, including an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, copies of Certified Transcripts and Certificates, Postal and Telephone Contacts, Names and Telephone Contacts of three referees:
Applications should reach the University through the following address
P.O Box 317,
Kabale University Kampala Liaison Office,
3rd Floor, Reev House, Plot 515,
Bombo Road, Wandegeya -Kampala.
- Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
- Applicants shall be subjected to background check.
Kabale University is an Equal Opportunities Organization