|Date Posted||December 5, 2022|
Education / Teaching
At Aga Khan School we expect all teachers to understand and live by the school mission statement which states, “The Aga Khan Education services will enable many generations to acquire both knowledge and the essential spiritual wisdom to balance that knowledge and enable their lives to attain the highest fulfilment”. To fulfil the mission statement, we expect that all teachers shall create and foster a positive teaching and learning environment in their classrooms or work areas where every child is loved, cared for and respected. The teacher is regarded as a leader within the classroom who develops plans and arrangements for teaching and learning to assist each child to reach their highest potential in all areas of school life. This will not only mean guiding and encouraging children to work cooperatively together but also having the highest level of cooperation with teaching colleagues and the school administration
The fulfilment of the mission statement by all teachers will be through these Major Responsibilities:
Support to the Student
• Analyze academic achievement of every student attending the Learning Resource Centre and formulate suitable programes for academic improvement
• Identify students’ learning needs and develop strategies to address the needs
• To use methods of promoting / reinforcing the pupils’ self esteem.
• To establish a supportive relationship with the pupil/s concerned
Support to the Parents
• Develop and sign contracts with parents of students attending the Learning Resource Centre and ensure that terms of the contract are adhered to.
• Work with parents to ensure that they are kept abreast of their children’s progress and invite them as needs arise.
• Keep a record of the parents’ visits to the Learning Resource Centre and their participation in their children’s learning Maintain a welcoming atmosphere
Support to the school / Teacher
• Where appropriate, to foster links between home and school
• To liaise, advise and consult with other members of the team
• To contribute to Annual Review meetings, as appropriate
• To participate in relevant professional development
• To provide professional specialist advice and assistance about students with additional learning needs to the school’s learning and support team
Planning & Implementing Strategies
• Ensure curriculum coverage, continuity and progression for all children attending the Learning Resource Centre in the identified subjects of need.
• Develop a learning programme that meets individual and group learning needs with a focus on literacy or specific English skills, such as listening, reading, writing and speaking.
• Organise and manage resources that are accessible and appropriate to students in the Learning Resource Centre
• Develop a resource bank for teaching students of diverse learning needs and keep accurate record of students’ learning progress.
• Develop a resource bank for teaching students of diverse learning needs and keep accurate record of students’ learning progress
• Keep track of progress by writing reports to the respective class teachers and subject teachers
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelors of Education with PGCE
• Qualification/experience in Special Needs Education.
• Minimum of 5+ years of continuous experience in Special needs teaching
• Proven consistency in class work performance
• In-depth knowledge of teaching methods and legal educational procedures.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of contemporary teaching methods.
• Knowledge of a variety of contemporary teaching methodologies.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Knowledge and training of the new curriculum.
• Proficiency in use of Technology.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills