|December 7, 2023
MACHINE OPERATOR – LATHE, NAMANVE
REPORTING TO WORKSHOP MANAGER, THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL;
Key Result Areas:
• Operate lathe machine, making various components for molds, machine etc.
• Measure the components and verify dimensions using appropriate tools.
• Be familiar with boring, drilling, threading and tapping etc.
• Be familiar with the preparation of tools for machining.
• Load feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
• Verify settings by measuring positions, first-run parts, and sample workpieces.
• Maintain specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing and threading.
• Detecting malfunctions, replacing worn tools, cleaning of machine and clearing of mettle chips from machine.
• Report any faulty operation of equipment or defective materials to the area supervisor.
• Operate lifting devices for movement of materials and other equipment as needed.
• Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly.
• Abide by the company safety and personnel policies.
• Carry out any other responsibilities that the supervisor may assign from time to time or as needed by the company.
• Conform to environmental management system requirements.
Job Ref. No. MIUL/LM/12/NV
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Degree / Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
• 2 to 3 years relevant experience in Plastic manufacturing plant
SKILLS & PROFESSIONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
• Must be familiar with general lathe machine operation and mechanical skills.
• Mechanical problem-solving ability and troubleshooting skills a must.
• Must be able to read a tape measure, verify dimensions, use a straightedge and other measuring devices.
• Have the knowledge of drawings and tolerances.
• Ability to operate conventional machine tools.
• Ability to read mechanical drawings and technical documentation.
• Strong knowledge of machine tools and machining operations.
• Knowledge of measuring tools (calipers and micrometers).
• Ability to coordinate and oversee complex machining operations.
• Physical strength, manual dexterity, and precise hand/eye coordination.
• Precision and attention to detail.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Must be able to operate lifting devices.
• Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
• Must be able to communicate both written and oral as it relates to the job.
• Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing for demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Must possess basic math skills to include but not limited to adding, subtracting, multiplication, and division.
• Must be able to lift and handle heavy components
• Must be able to work with others, as some tasks require two individuals.
• Must be able to work without constant supervision.
• Ability to work overtime as needed
If finding & hiring great talent excites you, we would like to get into a conversation with you. Interested candidates should visit our website i.e www.mukwano.com, go to the career page and upload the Cover letter, CV and Academic Credentials OR send their Cover letter, CV and Academic documents to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the Job Ref No. in the subject line. All attachments should be submitted as a single PDF document.
Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated with after the closing date. Any form of canvassing is strictly prohibited. All successful candidates will be offered a competitive remuneration package and benefits.
Disclaimer: Beware of fraudulent job offers. Mukwano Industries (U) Ltd does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and it does not request any banking information. Mukwano only advertises its employment opportunities on its Careers website and Vacancies Page. It also utilizes bona fide and established media, newspapers, as well as online professional platforms (e.g., LinkedIn) to disseminate its vacancies. All job offers are made by Mukwano human resources personnel following a competitive process.