|Date Posted||August 11, 2020|
IT / Information Technology
The primary role is to scope, plan, and monitor the qualitative and timely execution of IT projects at Metajua.
- Translate the business case into a practical, functional plan.
- Facilitate meetings to obtain agreement regarding responsibilities and time-lines encompassing risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies.
- Co-ordinate a strong project team and manage the implementation of the plan.
- Facilitate the development of the project planning and execution documentation.
- Manage changes in project scope.
- Co-ordinate performance of project teams with a strong focus on ensuring timely, quality delivery at every level of the project cycle including design specifications, planning, development, project lead and quality assurance.
- Engage with individuals and teams throughout the project life-cycle to set and achieve buy-in to agreed objectives, monitor project progress and communicate updates, critical insights and key findings.
- Facilitate periodic/monthly meetings to prioritise new projects and provide feedback on existing projects.
- Manage project budgets
- Stakeholder engagement: Liaise with key stakeholders to track progress on tasks, manage expectations and ensure clients’ needs are met.
- Manage quality assurance by developing relevant project reporting and metrics, including critical success factors, risks, mitigations, high level actions and decisions taken / to be taken
- Adherence to IT governance, risk and compliance standards
- Promote a co-operative climate in working with others to achieve shared goals.
- Plan and manage own project workflow, anticipating obstacles, juggling priorities and following through on objectives within agreed time-frames and according to quality standards.
- Act in an ethical, transparent and morally defensible manner, including highlighting unethical practices.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Graduate in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- 5+ years’ experience as an IT professional with Project Management responsibilities for a minimum of 2 years in a multicultural environment
- Professional Project Management Certification from accredited intuition is a plus, alternatively online course certificate
- Proficiency in using IT Portfolio and management Software to managing projects
- Demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, strategies and methods
- Capacity to make project budget and conduct cost monitoring in dialogue with finance dep.
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are encouraged to apply by uploading an application/cover letter in Pdf/Microsoft Word format not exceeding 2MBs stating the exact position they are applying for, current and expected salary, daytime contacts, detailed Curriculum Vitae with three professional referees.