|Date Posted||September 5, 2019|
IT / Information Technology
Ibero Coffee Uganda is a company of the Neumann Kaffee Gruppe and one of the leading exporters of high quality coffee, with warehouses and processing facilities in Kampala and out-stations in all major coffee growing regions of Uganda. Since 1994, when the company was founded, Ibero Coffee Uganda has been working towards better integration in the local market, and has become a professional, long term faithful trading partner in the coffee sector. Over the years, Ibero Coffee Uganda has developed an export operation that has placed us in a privileged position as one of the most reliable exporters of carefully selected, properly processed Uganda Coffee. Our commitment towards the development of the coffee industry is unwaveringly and we are proud to share our success in the promotion of Uganda coffee.
In line with the above, Ibero Coffee Uganda in collaboration with several partners has set up a Farmer Financing Unit with the view to improve access to fertilizer input for coffee growing farmers in Uganda. The objective of the project is to improve farmers’ livelihood through boosting coffee production and better integration of coffee farmers in the coffee export value chain. The Farmer Financing Unit at Ibero is therefore interested in recruiting one Back Officer to support this intervention.
The IT Back Officer reports to the Farmer Financing Unit Manager.
Be responsible for an effective and efficient administration of the overall quality of the portfolio, through quality data and sound analyses of the portfolio. S/he shall collaborate with all the team members.
Be able to generate reports of the overall advances portfolio and analyze them. Detect discrepancies of the portfolio, assess them, take actions based on the discrepancies. Be responsible for the (high quality) data entry in the systems..
• IT Operational efficiency and effectiveness
• Compliance with relevant processes and procedures
• Correct and efficient data entry into the system
• Providing consistency and accuracy in data processing, supervision of these processes
• Sound analyses of the overall portfolio
• Minimization of transactional errors
• Quality service delivery to clients (internal and external)
• Report generation (advance contracts, accounting reports, statistics, market research, etc.)
• Giving eye for details
• Basic accounting and mathematics
• Ability to work under pressure and close late where necessary
• Ability to organize documents and manage filing
• Enjoy mentoring and developing others.
• Ability to work under minimum supervision.
• Ability to be a good team player.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated capacity to document processes and outcomes.
• Good use of MS word, Excel and computer literate.
• Basic knowledge of SQL and mySQL is an asset.
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
• Fluent in English and Luganda
• Ability to use various IT technologies
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science/IT
• Minimum of one year of professional experience, preferably directly in the field of data entry or IT related field
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
o apply, all interested persons should send their applications with an up-to-date CV and motivation letter to
.Subject of the mail shall be: “ IT Back Office position”