|Date Posted||February 9, 2021|
BACKGROUND: The Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU) Uganda’s apex body for the private sector is collaborating with the MasterCard Foundation (MCF) to co-implement Young Africa Works in Uganda – Enhancing Lead Firm Structure for Youth Employment Program. The Intervention’s ultimate goal is to create dignified and fulfilling work opportunities for young women and men and contribute to the effort of lifting Ugandans out of poverty. The intervention focuses on creating, maintaining and sustaining growth in job markets through strengthening the capacity of actors to efficiently produce and sell their goods and services in expanded markets, developing new diversified financing mechanisms as well as growing the capacity of business leaders and their support service providers to manage and expand their enterprises. This transformative intervention will also transition Micro Enterprises to Small Enterprises. PSFU wishes to recruit a capable, experienced and passionate Ugandan for the position of Investment Officer/Livestock.
INTRODUCTION AND SCOPE: Under the overall responsibility of the Project Director, the Investment Officer/Livestock (10/Livestock) will receive technical support from Investment Specialist (IS) to implement the project’s activities and work on building linkages with Lead Firms, SMEs and project beneficiaries. He/she will be responsible for implementing the rules of engagement including the requisite preparations that MSMEs & Lead Firms will require to qualify for financing by the partners and the assessment of processes. The 10/ Livestock will also work with the IS/Livestock to spearhead the project’s Livestock related capacity building activities. He/she will document the ability of prospective recipients to receive, perform and achieve the objectives of the project awards in accordance with PSFU and MCF rules, regulations and cost principles. The 10/Livestock will report to the Project Director and be guided and supported by the IS .
The specific duties of the 10/Livestock will include: to
• Support the provision of the overall livestock expertise and review
• suggested capacity building activities and BDS to enable beneficiaries
• qualify for LFS support.
• Support activities leading to the review for approval by the Steering
• Committee the eligible firms the project may support for funding;
• Support the project’s partnership activities with livestock partners in the
• project; and in this respect work with the livestock sector partners to implement systems for how and on what terms firms and livestock sector partners will interrelate;
• Offer support in securing the needed information to monitor the
• utilisation of resources received by firms from the project and ensure their proper application;
• In collaboration with the project Business Environment team, identify,
• process and support the preparation of position papers needed to engage policy makers to address challenges encountered in the financing MSMEs in Uganda
• . Support complementary project implementation monitoring, evaluation
• and learning efforts.
• A good command of the English language.
• A passion for youth – men and women;
• A commitment to the protection of youth and children.
The 10/Livestock will be recruited competitively and must
have the following qualifications:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Animal sciences, Zoology, Fisheries and
• Aquaculture, Agricultural economics or other related field.
• At least 3 years’ relevant experience in the Livestock sector particularly in
• the areas of Livestock product/business development, livestock MSME financing/lending operations or portfolio performance monitoring, Demonstrated experience in BDS facilitation to beneficiaries will be an added advantage.
• An appreciation of the workings of the Uganda economic/finance/trade
• policies as well as a good understanding of private sector operations
• and concerns:
• Overall knowledge of the economic and market environment in which the
• private sector is operating, including the wider East African region;
• A good understanding of private sector development issues and
• appreciation of the role the private sector can play in economic
• An appreciation/understanding of the extent and effects of youth
• unemployment; and of the social (especially gender and youth)
• dimensions of development;
• Good interpersonal skills with experience in networking with different partners including those in the private sector and a local community level;
• Experience working with private sector organisations or in international
• and donor organisations with implementation of participatory projects;
• Demonstrated written, analytical, presentation, reporting and computing
• skills and familiarity with modern communication systems (internet, worldwide web, email etc.);
• Ability to work unsupervised and under tight schedules;
• Ability and readiness to work in a multicultural and multi-disciplinary
Send your applications online to firstname.lastname@example.org
Private Sector Foundation Uganda
Plot 43 Nakasero Hill Road
P. O. Box 7683, Kampala
Only short listed applicants will be notified, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will automatically disqualify any candidate