|Date Posted||February 9, 2021|
The Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU) Uganda’s apex body for the private sector is collaborating with the MasterCard Foundation (MCF) to co-implement Young Africa Works in Uganda – Enhancing Lead Firm Structure for Youth Employment Program. The Intervention’s ultimate goal is to create dignified and fulfilling work for young women and men and contribute to the effort to lifting Ugandans out of poverty. The intervention focuses on creating, maintaining and sustaining growth in job markets through strengthening the capacity of actors to efficiently produce and sell their goods and services in expanded markets, developing new diversified financing mechanisms as well as growing the capacity of business leaders and their support service providers to manage and expand their enterprises. This transformative intervention will also transition Micro Enterprises to Small Enterprises. PSFU wishes to recruit capable, experienced and passionate Ugandan for the position of of Investment Officer/Finance.
INTRODUCTION AND SCOPE:
Under the overall responsibility and technical supervision the Investment Specialist/Finance (10/Finance), the Investment Finance Division will coordinate the project’s activities and interventions for financing of business entities participating in project activities, especially Lead Firms and SMEs. The Division is responsible for designing and implementing rules of engagement, assessment processes, and subsequently documenting all aspects relating to financing of private sector enterprise grants under the project. The 10/Finance will generally assist in the activities of the Division under the leadership and guidance of the IS/Finance. .
Business growth is our business VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Detailed Terms Of Reference Investment Officer/Finance Sector
Young Africa Works In Uganda Enhancing Lead Firm Structure For Youth Employment
The specific duties of the 10/Finance will include: to
• Assist the IS/Finance and the division in drawing up and regularly reviewing the eligible areas the project may support for funding and in drafting guidelines for stakeholders’ information;
• Assist the IS/Finance in interceding with financial sector partners under the project on behalf of clients;
• Lead the project’s intercession activities with financial partners in the project;
• Assist the IS/Finance with originating and drafting of proposals, documents, etc. for administering financial support and interventions by finance partners and project beneficiaries;
• Receive and process applications for project support of clients to financial partners
• Regularly visit for monitoring purposes firms with support from the project’s financial sector partners and report on utilisation and repayment progress
• Support the IS/Finance in the implementation the PSFU Catalytic Fund and receive and carry out preliminary evaluation of applications for financing under the Catalytic Fund;
• Prepare reports on the operations of the Catalytic Fund.
• Undertake any other duties as the IS/Finance may assign.
The 10/Finance will be recruited competitively and must have the following qualifications:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, Finance, Administration, or other related field.
• At least 3 years’ relevant experience with financial and administrative components of loans, grants, grants-under-contract, subcontracts, etc.;
• An appreciation of the workings of the Uganda economic/finance/ trade policies as well as a good understanding of private sector operations and concerns
• Overall knowledge of the economic and market environment in which the private sector is operating, including the wider East and Central African region;
• A good understanding of private sector development issues and appreciation of the role the private sector can play in economic development;
• An appreciation/understanding of the extent and effects of youth unemployment; and of the social (especially gender and youth) dimensions of development;
• Good interpersonal skills with experience in networking with different partners including those in the private sector and a local community level;
• Demonstrated written, analytical, presentation, reporting and computing skills and familiarity with modern communication systems (internet, worldwide web, email etc.);
• Ability and readiness to work in a multicultural and multi-disciplinary environment;
• A good command of the English language.
• A passion for youth – men and women;
• A commitment to the protection of youth and children.
Send your applications online to firstname.lastname@example.org
Private Sector Foundation Uganda
Plot 43 Nakasero Hill Road
P. O. Box 7683, Kampala
Only short listed applicants will be notified, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will automatically disqualify any candidate