|Date Posted||January 24, 2023|
Develop an annual audit plan that aligns with the risk profile of the organization
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
Report to: Head of Finance Department.
The Lead, Internal Audit, and Compliance identifies and limits the risk associated with the company’s operations. This role will sit on our Service Center (global team) but will work closely with the Country Teams (Uganda, Kenya, and Nigeria) to ensure compliance with local legal, regulatory, and statutory requirements.
The role holder will lead and implement daily activities related to operational and financial risk, compliance, insurance, and audits in all our offices.
- Internal Audit and Compliance
- Develop an annual audit plan that aligns with the risk profile of the organization.
- Facilitate internal and external audit (project and statutory) requirements and support the process as required. This includes but is not limited to auditing compliance with data security, financial controls, claims processing, insurance policy administration, data quality, and HR compliance.
- Maintain oversight on organizational regulatory compliance of all operational entities including but not limited to registration, insurance, licenses and permits, and board reporting. This includes leading the Compliance Committees in each country.
- Assess company operations, identify compliance risks, and ensure company compliance with regulatory laws and requirements in all locations.
- Work with the rest of the CEO’s office team members to keep the ESG Risk Register up-to-date for group-level reporting.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments within and outside the organization as well as evolving best practices in processes compliance and control
- Prepare, review, and edit documents including company policies and procedures as required
- Contribute to knowledge sharing and capacity building to raise awareness of and the importance of risk management within the organization.
- Work with the People Operations function to manage regular team training.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in roles with risk and compliance, audit, or legal. Experience in the insurance industry is a plus.
- Must be able to demonstrate a broad technical knowledge and expertise in regulatory risk and regulatory change matters
- Strong communication and negotiation skills with influence behaviors with internal and external stakeholders
- Must have strong planning and organizational skills
- A willingness to roll up one’s sleeves and dig into details to solve problems and tackle hands-on work.
- Intensely detailed oriented and data-driven
- Humble, collaborative team player
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, juggle multiple complex tasks, think independently, demonstrate sound judgment, and problem solve
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Finance, Law, Business, or a related field.