|Date Posted||November 30, 2021|
IT / Information Technology
Overall Purpose/Broad Function:
The Information Technology (IT) Assistant will provide technical software, hardware and network problem hands-on resolution to all computer users by performing question/problem diagnosis and guiding users through step-by-step solutions; clearly communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner; provide one-on-one end-user training as needed; troubleshoot network/printer problems and be able to provide network solutions to more complex end-user problems; conduct hardware and software inventory database maintenance and reporting; and perform related work as required. The key tasks include;
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Support the roll-out of new applications
- Set up new users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password issues
- Respond within agreed time limits to call-outs
- Work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
- Prioritize and manage many open cases at one time
- Conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
- Keep company website and social media up to date.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for this job must hold a Bachelor’s degree with two years of experience in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
- Vast experience in setting up and reviewing an IT system for a busy agency
- Two years’ experience in providing end-user support for current PC
desktop and application software, installing, upgrading, troubleshooting
and administering Windows versions of Microsoft Office Suite, and other
basic standard software (e.g. Windows, MS Outlook, Chrome)
- Knowledge of Desktop operating systems, various software applications and basic hardware for the PC; principles and theories of network systems and
management; Internet technologies and products; basic understanding of
electrical safety procedure.
- Prior working experience in NGOs set up
- Skills in managing Websites and Social Media platforms for a CSOs
- Experience in setting up and managing Social Distance Media and communication platforms
- Ability to work under pressure with limited supervision and take initiative.
- Solid training skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with a service oriented outlook
- Good team player.