|Date Posted||May 22, 2020|
IT / Information Technology
Centenary Bank is desirous of engaging services of an ICT Technical Advisor.
This is a one (1) year contract position and renewable based on one’s deliverables performance and the needs of the Bank.
Business Technology Division
Job Title: ICT Technical Advisor
Reports to: General Manager Business Technology Indirectly
Reports to : Managing Director (on strategic matters)
To provide strategic advice, guidance and direction on technology initiatives of the Bank, in an era where digitalization and virtual channels have become a bedrock of service delivery and ensure that a world-class, Best Business Practice and proven frameworks are aligned, designed and implemented to facilitate and deliver the Bank’s Strategic Business Plan Goals and Objectives.
Salary: Negotiable with the best candidate .
Key Role Deliverables:
• Monitor and evaluate the progress towards implementation of the IT Systems Strategic and Operational Plans in support of meeting current and future Information, Communication and Technology needs for the Bank.
• Review Bank’s ICT infrastructure acquisition and maintenance proposals for conformance to recommended practices and effectiveness of delivery of the Bank’s Strategic Business Plan.
• Advise General Manager Business Technology on sourcing, evaluation, selection, testing, implementation and maintenance of information technology systems, ensuring appropriate investment in strategic and operational systems.
• Information and Technology Risk Management identification of (platforms and application systems), assessment and management in line with relevant frameworks and in compliance to ICT Policy.
• Advise the General Manager Business Technology on the ICT Strategic Goals and Objectives and in preparation of Board Papers on any major changes in information management and data governance framework and systems.
• Facilitate and ensure that appropriate information technology business continuity and disaster recovery plans are in place and are regularly tested as per Bank’s ICT Policy and regulators prudent guidelines.
• Advise General Manager Business Technology on the implementation of a high performing culture of leadership, and mentorship to nurture and inspire young Business Technology teams.
• Facilitate the Implementation and Maintenance of Mission-Critical ICT Infrastructure to facilitate operationalization, stabilization, consistency and uptime of the Core Banking Application System and Business Applications.
• Review and monitor the on-going appropriateness and relevance of the Bank’s ICT policy for the allocation of resources required to deliver both the short-term and long-term information technology strategies to address the business strategic plan and add value for all stakeholders of Centenary Bank
Education and Professional Qualifications:
• Post graduate qualification in Computer Science, ICT, Computer Applications, Business IT, Engineering, Business Administration, Mathematics, Statistics or related field from a
• Certifications in Applications Systems Design, Relational Database Management Systems, ICT Infrastructure Design, Network Information and Security, Project Management, etc. with at least 5 Years’ experience from the date of certification
a. Download an application for employment form Here
b. Fill the form and enclose an application letter, updated Curriculum Vitae (CV), plus copies of all academic credentials, testimonials and contact details of three competent referees. c. Submit your application to:
Human Resources Centenary Bank
P.O. Box 1892
Note; We appreciate the interest you have shown in growing the Bank business with our team. However only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please Consider your application unsuccessful if we have not contacted you two weeks from the closing date of this advertisement.