|Date Posted||June 30, 2022|
Human Resource / HR
A business firm dealing in Construction, Logistics, Real Estates, Hotel & Hospitality and Coffee development. Is looking for a proficient Business Manager with a bias in Human Resource Management. The successful candidate will be deployed in one of the above mentioned areas, but will work across board and support all.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for all human resources related activities, including:
• Recruitment and Selection:
Maintain up-to-date recruitment progress reports, talent database and all related staffing communication.
• Process all recruitment requests in an effective and timely manner.
• Work with the MD to improve recruitment in ways to minimize future personnel problems and turnover.
• Manage orientation programs for staff and present HR policies and procedures at the orientation. and ensure that all staff who arrive at duty stations after the orientation are made aware of relevant policies and procedure.
• Human Resource Information Management System:
• Monitor timely update of personnel records (personal details, position, salary, appraisal outcomes, leave records, training, and awards).
• Liaise with other section heads to understand all necessary aspects and needs of HR development, and to ensure they are fully informed of HR objectives, purpose and achievements, and are updated of any new policies/procedures.
• Performance Management System:
• Develop and implement an effective system of staff performance evaluation, and link the results of that process to salary review, performance targets, promotion, training and, where appropriate, termination and replacement of employees.
• In conjunction with the MD, assist to establish a similar process for the evaluation of Company personnel.
Review employee bi-annual feedback and develop/amend any policies/procedure, if deemed necessary.
• Compensation and Benefits:
• Assist the finance department in payroll administration by providing input with respect to attendance, overtime, increment, special payments, etc.
• Provide information to all employees regarding their entitlements.
• Training and Development:
• Generate policies and procedures for continuous identification of training needs of the staff.
• Organize appropriate training programs for employees
Follow up on all training activities and make suggestions for deployment to enhance utility of the human resources.
• Employee Relations
• Handle complaints, disputes, and grievances of all employees.
• Foster a conducive working environment through employee relations activities and communication.
• Conduct exit interviews with employees leaving the company and provide feedback to their supervisors.
• Develop a Welfare policy/plan.
• Rules and Regulations
• Review the HR Service Manual on a regular basis and update with any new policies and procedures as per the law of the country, and communicate to employees.
• Maintain awareness and knowledge of latest HR developments (including laws), and communicate to relevant employees.
• Any other tasks that may be assigned.
Personal Attributes and Qualifications.
• Minimum of a University Degree or HR related degree or equivalent
• Member of a recognised HR professional body
• Further related training (s) will be an added advantage.
• Good command of the English language
• 3-5 years’ experience working in the same field, at managerial level.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and, the ability to build effective working relationships at all levels.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrates strong management and leadership skills both within the function and as a role model
You are encouraged to apply for the above position provided you meet the specified minimum job requirements. To apply for the position, Send your Application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org