|Date Posted||November 25, 2022|
Human Resource / HR
Human Resource and Administration Officer
The Human Resource and Administration Officer will primarily be responsible for facilities and administrative oversight roles of the office , manage the assets and inventory registers of the office, oversee the internal controls of the office storage, Liaise with IT Administrator for all IT related trouble shooting tasks and coordinate with the HR function staff onboarding and record keeping functions.
Specific tasks include:
- Work with the office Landlord for all tenancy related transactions such as renewal of tenancy agreements, processing of tenancy bills, office safety and security.
- Supervise the assignment of the cleaning firm and ensure the office hygiene meets the basic minimum acceptable standard.
- Manage the overall office administrative welfare for staff at all times; ensuring there is constant supply of office consumables such as water, kitchen consumables and that these are put to proper use without waste and abuse.
- With support from Procurement officer, initiate and follow through the procurement of all administrative supplies and consumables for the office.
- Periodically update office assets and inventory register including periodic asset counts and reporting.
- Manage Assets and inventory record keeping documents such as assets issue and return forms from staff and any appropriate recipients.
- Work with the management team to ensure office and staff safety and security meets the basic minimum standards including updating the safety and security tree.
- Liaise with the IT Administrator and the internet service provider for all IT related trouble shooting tasks.
- Work with outsourced service providers to do routine equipment maintenance through out the year and ensure that shared equipments have very minimal down time.
- Work with clearing firms for any inbound and outbound shipment of supplies for the office.
- Work with the international travel service provider(s) to book staff international travel tickets, accommodation and all such travel related tasks.
- Support project and procurement staff to arrange for in house meetings-securing clean and well-kept meeting rooms, availability of equipments and consumables for meetings
- Oversee the overall arrangement and use of the office storage facilities and stock, execute periodic stock count and prepare corresponding stock reports.
Human Resources management
- Receive and plan recruitment needs with the project teams and coordinate the interview process with the Regional HR recruitment teams.
- Arrange staff onboarding sessions for new staff with the appropriate teams in Kampala
- Work with HR service providers such as insurance companies to onboard staff into the appropriate insurance schemes.
- Custodian of personnel files ensuring that all staff files are complete and updated frequently and appropriately.
- Compile paperwork necessary for any payroll related changes as and when appropriate for finance execution.
- With support from the Finance Director, implement HR policies by providing HR and labour Law policy interpretations to staff as and whenever required.
- Update the monthly leave tracker and work with line managers to plan and coordinate staff leave across the year.
- Manage staff exit procedures, exit interviews, liaise with finance over the appropriate terminal benefits and clearance forms.
- A degree in Administration, management, Human resources or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years progressive experience in a similar position.
- A post graduate training in project management will be an added advantage
- Strong administrative, communication, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage and keep confidential information such as HR records
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrated ability to interact professionally in an environment of stakeholders with diverse culture.
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of assignments in a time sensitive, fast paced work environment and be able to deliver required output within the required timelines and with very minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently, take reasonable initiatives, and learn complex procedures within the a framework of limited timelines.
- Knowledge of institutional donor rules and regulations will be an added advantage.
- Must be fluent in English as the main medium of office communication.