|Date Posted||August 13, 2022|
Human Resource / HR
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the HR Coordinator in Worldwide, any existing SCI location
As part of the HR Operations team in P&O, this role supports the global humanitarian team ensuring high quality HR service to employees and internal HR customers – including Centre OHT staff and staff moving to SCI Centre from different member countries as secondees under One Humanitarian Team transition project.. The role would provide support on the administrative elements of the employee lifecycle and key systems, including on-boarding, and induction, contract variations, payroll sign-off, HRIS; monitoring and reporting; and compliance processes, manage the effort reporting of staff, etc.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Provide administrative support to HR Business Partners and line managers in managing employee life cycle
- Maintain accurate staff data including updating the HR information system (HRIS) - setting up new starters, leavers, amending personal details, training information, preparing monthly and ad hoc reports.
- Issue secondment agreements, set up personal files and maintain accurate soft copy for staff, including any related agreements - secondments, tripartite agreements and TUPE transfers
- Gather information required to support with conducting vetting checks, updating contract information of staff in HR databases
- Work with hiring managers to coordinate on-boarding and induction activities for new staff
- Maintain confidentiality in respect of all candidates and employees’ records whether manual or computer maintained and ensure that all records are held securely.
- Manage and coordinate timesheet processes for effort-reporting and follow up with staff to ensure completion. Work with the staff member, line manager and Members to ensure accuracy HRs for accurate annual leave records.
- Collate and maintain list of public holidays across Members and make available to Centre Line Managers for leave approval
- Provide regular high quality management information for senior stakeholders and strong levels of customer service, ensuring client HR queries are responded to in a timely manner.
- Provide support to the HR team in response to overseas Emergencies and be prepared to vary day-to-day activities and work pattern/hours while the Emergency is ongoing.
- Maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job and participate in appropriate training activities.
- Support the monthly payroll report and ensure it is validated against the relevant documents.
- Advise and support staff and managers on HR Policies and processes
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Previous experience in a HR admin role, within an international environment
- Excellent IT skills, to include Microsoft Office, Word (including Mail merge), PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Experience of working with an HR database such as Oracle, with the ability to accurately input data and generate reports.
- High level of customer service
- Ability to prioritise, work to tight deadlines and use own initiative.
- Ability and confidence to communicate appropriately with people at all levels, both internally and externally within a diverse client group.
- Respect the importance of confidentiality, particularly in relation to employees' personal details.
- Ability to work accurately, with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent Excel skills
- Understanding of core HR processes good verbal/written communication skills
- Experience of working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work within dual line management reporting structure.
- Demonstrate commitment to learning and development and progression with HR.
- The ability to develop and implement continuous improvement initiatives
We can offer circa £27,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in London or any existing Save the Children International office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.