|Date Posted||November 20, 2023|
Education / Teaching
JOB TITLE: Headteacher – Primary School in Luwero Town
DUTY STATION: Luwero Town
EXPERIENCE: 2 Years Minimum
QUALIFICATION: Minimum Diploma in Teaching (Primary School)
CLOSING DATE: SUNDAY 10TH DECEMBER 2023
Duties and Responsibilities
In charge of overall administration and management of the School
• Plan for physical development of the school and professional development of the staff
• Plan, organize, direct and co-ordinate the teaching programmes and activities of staff and learners
• Ensure proper planning, budgeting and accountability for the school activities and resources in consultation with the Board of Directors
• Encourage creativity, innovation and the use of appropriate new technologies to achieve excellence.
• Challenge underperformance at all levels and ensures effective corrective action and follow-up.
• Supervise and appraise all the employees of the school
• Direct activities concerning student admissions, provision of supplies and welfare of students
• Prepare progress and summary reports for presentation and submission to the Board of Directors
• Keep and maintain School records related to inventory and other related reports (Class Registers, records of work, progress reports and equipment.)
• Supervise preparation of schemes of work and lesson plans on a monthly and weekly basis
• Supervises the non-teaching and support staff
• Enforce discipline in the school
• Ensure integrity of internal and external exams administration and supervision
Supervise preparation of the academic plans, programmes and schedules (Timetable) of the school
• Perform any other duty assigned by the relevant authority.
Qualifications and Working Experience
• Minimum of a Diploma in Education (Primary) from a recognized Training Institution
• Certificate of registration with the Ministry of Education and Sports.
• A minimum of two (2) years working experience as Head teacher
• Exceptional oral & written communication skills
• Proven leadership and administration skills
• Reporting skills, organization and accountability
• Must be male aged over 30 years’ old
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandan nationals to fill posts that have fallen vacant in a Private Nursery and Primary School in Luwero. Applications should be submitted in soft copy to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should submit an application letter, CV and attach photocopies of academic certificates, transcripts, and National ID.