|Date Posted||August 10, 2020|
JOB PURPOSE: Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, the role holder will be responsible for providing leadership and direction to the Credit Analysis unit. The role is responsible for originating and structuring of Customer/Clients’ applications, supporting growth of profitable and quality portfolio, monitoring, and managing portfolio quality.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the team in structuring of new and existing clients applications/facilities.
- Review and prepare quality credit proposals/applications. Driving the development, analysis of proposals and liaising with credit to ensure that these are approved in a timely manner.
- Provide technical support to the analysts to ensure timely delivery of quality proposals that meet funding criteria.
- Work closely with product development and Product management teams to develop innovative products in line with changing customer needs.
- Regular contact with credit approval team to drive efficiency and decision time.
- Periodic reviews for the running facilities for the Corporate and Commercial portfolio.
- Schedule client visits for existing and new potential clients especially for complex and structured deals.
- Monitoring of the portfolio quality to minimize loan loss and NPAs.
- Train and develop staff to constantly improve underwriting skills for the team.
- In liaison with Finance to provide relevant information on funders’ requirements & legal requirements to structure deals to balance asset risk and maximize yield/returns based on cash flows ability.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree with an Accounting, Economics, or Statistics) discipline.
- A Master’s in Finance, Accounting, Project Financing and or professional Finance and Accounting qualification would be of added advantage.
- Credit analysis and Underwriting Certification training.
- Leadership Training.
- 8 years’ experience in Credit and Risk management at a Senior Level with a minimum of 2 years in a similar position.
- Good credit analysis and underwriting skills – interpretation of complex financial statements.
- Sufficient knowledge of Bank lending products in order to make meaningful recommendations to client financing needs.
- Strong analytical power and decision-making abilities.
- Strong pricing and modelling experience.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- People management and Leadership skills.
- A good team player; with the ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Good presentation skills.
- Advanced forecasting and business modelling.
- Ability to build, train & maintain team cohesion.
- A self-driver who is goals-oriented and able to meet deadlines.
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send applications with detailed CV’s including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level) to the email address indicated below; Vacanciesbank@dfcugroup.com