|Date Posted||September 2, 2019|
IT / Information Technology
Uganda AIDS Commission (UAC) was established in 1992 by an Act of Parliament (Cap 208) and is under the Office of the President of the Republic of Uganda. The Act provides for the Commission to Oversee, Plan and Coordinate AIDS Prevention and Control activities throughout Uganda.
To provide technical leadership and guidance in the development and implementation of ICT programmes and usage of ICT for enhanced effectiveness and efficiency in implementation of the national HIV/AIDS response.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Develops and monitors implementation of ICT policies, regulations and guidelines for the Commission.
- Provide technical support and guidance on all matters of procurement, utilization and maintenance of ICT hard ware and software to UAC.
- Ensures confidentially, security and reliability of the UAC’s information system.
- Maintains and updates the Management Information System (MIS)
- Plan for upgrades and maintenance of ICT Infrastructure
- Conducts capacity building programmes for staff of UAC on ICT policies, use of equipment and user applications.
- Provide technical support in UAC’s data gathering,updating and information dissemination processes on the epidemic and the response at different levels.
- Plans, budgets, requisitions and accounts for the resources and performance of the ICT department.
- Supervises and appraises subordinates
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems management, Computer engineering, software engineering or other qualifications in systems analysis, design, development from a recognized university.
- Bachelor’s degree in in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems management from a recognized university.
- Three (3) years post graduate qualification in a Government or a reputable organization
- Information systems design and development
- Hard ware and software designing analysis
- Good communication skills
- Census building
- Critical thinking
- Trouble shooting & Problem solving
- Self-management skills
- Team work
- Knowledge Management
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should provide a cover letter expressing interest in the job, a detailed CV, including present position, names, addresses, and phone contacts of three professional referees, copies of professional/ educational certificates and copies of previous appointments. Please send it to:
The Director General,
Uganda AIDS Commission,
Plot 1-3 Salim Bay Road Ntinda,
P.O Box 10779 Kampala. Uganda