|Date Posted||September 3, 2019|
- The main purpose of the role is to drive business growth of the Direct Banking Customer Segment. The role holder is responsible for people management, income statement and balance sheet growth targets, sales and service, and risk and control profile of the Direct Banking segment.
- Additionally, he/she must influence the existing sales and distribution channels to deliver the set targets for this segment.
- To be the focal person for the Self Employed or Informal Sector. The role holder should develop a competitive Customer Value Proposition for the non-employed customers for the Self Employed or customers engaged in the Informal Sector.
- Effective management of the Direct Banking and Self-Employed team through personal development and performance management
- Visibly support the branches in achieving the Direct Banking Sales targets and Standards of Service by providing consistent encouragement and guidance to the team.
- Manage Reporting & information flow up or down within the team and make sure that reports are delivered within given deadlines and relevant information is shared appropriately with the Teams.
- Manage the upward escalation process within the team to ensure that all matters requiring support are given urgent attention.
- Effectively manage staff through development and performance management.
- Mentor and coach staff to constantly ensure that the environment is conducive to the retention of high-performance staff and the attraction of new staff.
- Provide an environment which attracts and develops the right calibre of staff ensuring that the Segment becomes an employer of choice for external, as well as internal, potential candidates
- Interest Income: Drive the correct product mix in order to ensure that budgeted margins and revenues are attained
- Non-Interest Income: Drive transactional activity in order to achieve set revenue targets under each of the non-interest revenue lines namely service fee, foreign exchange income, facility fee, insurance, digital and card fees
- Balance Sheet: Ensure the delivery of budgeted products, paying particular attention to the product mix for both asset and liability products
Customer Service Management
- Ensure that the Customer Service principles set for Direct Banking are maintained in branches.
- Ensure effective management of client relationships, handling and resolution of queries / complaints and maintaining a high standard of service delivery for effective customer retention & portfolio profitability.
- Ensure that customer complaints are monitored, trends and root causes identified and addressed at source to prevent recurrence.
- Ensure that customer needs are anticipated and met through provision of appropriate products and services.
- Ensure that opportunities to migrate customers to more appropriate, cost-effective channels are identified and actioned.
- Ensure efficient, customer- focused Telephone etiquette & behaviour.
- Ensure that the Direct Banking value proposition to the Employed and the Self Employed customers is clearly communicated to all stakeholders and that through effective implementation; clients receive an efficient and holistically superior service offering.
- Drive the behaviour of staff that results in acquisition of new qualifying clients, as well as continually adding value to existing clients and increase revenue through cross sales and increased share of wallet.
- Network / teamwork with all segments, product, distribution channels and departmental structures to leverage and identify business opportunities.
- Develop micro marketing sales plans to achieve respective sales budgets/targets for the Team
- Keep up to date with changes and developments in the local market/area and continuously realign your business to fit in.
- Manage the sales tracking system including Leads and provide coaching and feedback to the team.
- Support the Branch Manager by providing weekly & monthly updates of the team’s performance and all Sales plans/tactics in place to achieve the set targets
- Plan, initiate and drive sales tactics and activities.
- Coach the sales team on product knowledge and on how to make the most of cross-selling opportunities
- Implement strategies to attain the targets set through incentive campaigns launched.
Credit and Risk Management
- Ensure that overdrawn, dormant accounts or loans in arrears are managed daily through constant engagement with the affected customers.
- Identify and minimise operational risks.
- Understanding and control of lending processes.
- Maintain a culture within the team that emphasises and demonstrates the importance of adhering to all internal procedures and controls
- Ensure adequate credit skills within the Direct Banking team and implement training programs where necessary.
- Ensure effective compliance with agreed limits of authority and levels of access to systems and information
Key Performance Measures
- Accountability for NII and NIR headline earnings and balance sheet growth of the Direct Banking portfolio.
- Achieve Market Share Growth for Direct Banking and growth of the Self Employed Portfolio across the Business
- Attaining sales targets for all products inclusive of agreed cross sell ratio
- Meet service objectives through NPS score.
- Operate within accepted Operations KRAs (losses, cost controls and routine efficiencies).
- Credit loss ratio within budget.
- Manage costs within budget
Preferred Qualification and Experience
Minimum of First Degree in Business related field. Post graduate qualification will be an added advantage.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a middle level management
- People Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Sales & Service
- Knowledge of Personal / Consumer Banking, with specific bias towards the middle income and relationship managed segments.
- Banking Operations
- Sales Management.
- Credit Management
- Digital Banking
- Banking Products & Services
- Knowledge of the local and global financial markets
- Financial Acumen
- Negotiation Skills
- Understanding of the banking industry
- Human Capital Management
- Risk Management
WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org