|Date Posted||August 13, 2022|
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Global Multimedia and Digital Content Manager at any existing Save the Children International office location.
The role of the Global Digital and Multimedia Content Manager is to obtain digital and broadcast media coverage for Save the Children across the world to ensure visibility of issues affecting children as well as Save the Children's work. The role will act as producer for content (film and photography), develop and lead across digital production for the Global Media Unit, working in a high-paced news environment to produce world-class content for international media, members, and social media channels across the organisation. You will also find new ways to improve media engagement with Save the Children’s digital platforms.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Proven initiative to generate ideas, spot strong news lines, and strengthen the collection and dissemination of content.
- Excellent relationship building skills in order to build and maintain a strong network of contacts with international journalists as well as identify and build key international partnerships
- Strong knowledge and strategic use of social media
- An initiative-taking, proactive, inspiring attitude with the ability to prioritise an unpredictable workload and solve problems quickly with limited support
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A commitment to Save the Children's vision, mission, values and approach and commitment to safeguarding children in accordance with our Child Safeguarding Policy
We can offer circa £43,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.