|Date Posted||August 13, 2022|
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Global Head of Reward and Mobility in London, UK or any existing Save the Children International office location worldwide.
The job holder is responsible for developing and delivering a high quality reward service at both strategy and operational levels, specifically:
- To provide global leadership on reward strategy and best practices, including developing a new global reward framework with particular focus on international contracts and mobility, to take the organisation on to its next phase of evolution, driving improvement and innovation and ensuring regional and country offices are provided with the support and tools they need to appropriately reward their employees.
- To provide subject matter expertise/centre of excellence service for the approx. 400 UK based staff, 600 staff worldwide on international contracts, and 15,000 local staff in our 60 programming countries
- Define and drive our global mobility agenda establishing a process for the operations of the organisation and its workforce across international borders enabling employees to move from one location to another and enables the organization hire employees in different countries to work remotely.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder may be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Significant experience of developing reward strategies, frameworks, policies, processes and packages, much of which must have been applied in an international context
- Proven skills and experience in the development and application of reward approaches in a complex matrixed global organisation and ability to apply this within an international non-governmental organisation
- Highly developed communication skills both written and oral in order to establish effective relationships with internal and external audiences, including at a geographical distance
- A strong track record of influencing and presenting at senior executive level
- Significant experience in global mobility and expatriate management
- Knowledge and experience of tax, immigration and relocation practices and policies at a global level.
- The ability to think strategically, to identify the key people/reward practice implications of the organisation’s plans and to proactively create an integrated approach.
- The ability to work collaboratively with other HR and management colleagues across the Save the Children family including well developed influencing skills.
- Highly developed research and analytical skills
- Highly numerate with the ability to interpret statistical and financial data and to undertake detailed costings and recommendations
- Proven ability to identify, commission, interpret and utilise salary survey and other benchmarking tools
- An understanding of and commitment to the work and international context of Save the Children
- Experience of working with a high degree of autonomy on large projects working with significant levels of ambiguity around the process; ability to be self-supporting
- A good understanding of budget and financial processes and the ability to work in a cost effective way.
We can offer circa £65,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in London or any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.