|Date Posted||September 3, 2019|
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is recruiting a Financial Analyst to provide support to Foundation management and staff in the implementation of the organization's budgeting and financial reporting process. The Financial Analyst coordinates the preparation and distribution of financial management information to specific departments and country offices.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Financial Analyst coordinates a variety of financial analysis and planning functions in Uganda office including agreement budgeting and generating a variety of financial reports. The Financial Analyst must collaborate with a variety of other staff in the country and the international Accounting Unit in Washington DC.
A) Identifies and communicates financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts, making use of HQ and Country generated reports including:
- Agreement specific budget to actual reports
- Donor financial reports
- Country Monthly Financial Reports
- Agreement specific monthly costed work plans
B) Support the Finance Manager and working with specific project managers to provide financial analytic support across the entire budget management cycle which included but not limited to:
- Develop first draft of new business cost proposals and annual budgets under continuation awards and budget narratives.
- Work closely with programs colleagues to develop costed work plans and budgets by geography, program area and/or facility
- Working with various budget holders to control the budget, produce variance analysis and responds to donor budget inquiries
- Monitoring of budgets by producing budget variance analysis for each program area that feeds into donor quarterly reports
C ) Under facilitation of Finance Manager provide financial data and analysis to the Senior Management team for management decision making. Examples might include :
- Funding Scenario Analysis
- Alerting appropriate staff of potential funding shortfalls and / or significant underspending
D) Management & Donor Reporting: Under guidance of Finance Manager, primary responsible of cross cutting country program financial related reports including but not limited to:-
- Donor reporting preparations
- Management financial reports
- Reports to HQ corporate as called on from time to time.
E) Present financial status of projects
- In donor meetings
- During internal Quarterly Financial Reviews with staff from Uganda office and Washington DC
- During monthly Senior Management meetings / quarterly program review meetings with program budget holders.
F) Perform and complete special projects and other financial duties as required
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Master's Degree in Business related field . Accounting professional qualification is a must.
- Excellent financial management and analytical skills
- A 5 year working experience with financial management software packages and possession of financial data analysis and interpretation.
- Strong proficiency in Excel
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work with virtual teams
- Ability to clearly communicate financial information to non-financial colleagues
- Willingness to work flexible hours as needed
- Strategic thinker in a dynamic environment
- Project management experience
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with tight deadlines
- Prior nonprofit experience working on USG funded grants or contracts preferred
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is an equal opportunity employer