|February 12, 2024
Summit Recruitment and Search Africa is a leading Recruitment and Executive Search agency head quartered in Kenya providing outstanding talent to a wide range of companies and NGOs in various business sectors across Africa.
Our client, a leading manufacturer of ceramics, sanitary ware, hardware accessories, daily cleaning products and personal care products is looking for a Finance Manager. The ideal candidate must have experience working in the big four audit firms, have tax knowledge and have a good understanding of Uganda’s financial regulations.
• Work with and manage the Uganda finance team.
• Perform financial analysis using financial metrics.
• Perform external audit work coordination to ensure the timely completion of audit projects each year, without any penalties from regulatory agencies.
• Manage external accounts of the company and timely complete various reports.
• Training and job organization of local financial personnel.
• Oversee team that produces monthly management accounts & other financials.
• Ensure key internal controls, reconciliations and substantiation processes are in place and running efficiently.
• Implement and maintain a strict discipline as relates to cost control.
• Responsible for tax and regulatory compliance, including licencing being up to date and in place.
• Relevant Bachelor’s Degree.
• Must have 5+ years of Big Four audit firm experience.
• Ability to work independently, create solutions and collaborate internally and externally.
• Excellent communication and leadership skills with the confidence and adaptability to deal with all levels of management.
• Attention to timing and details – capable of distilling large volumes of information and handling rapidly changing information.
• Critical analytical thinker with the ability to make informed decisions quickly.