|December 7, 2023
Hello Hello! Alight is recruiting Finance Assistant for our program in Uganda to. You’re interested in joining us? Welcome, we’re happy you’re here!
If you join us, you will find…
A team with deep experience in co-designing solutions that create new value around the world. We know we need to always be better, and we believe in the power and abundance of everyday people, everywhere, to change the world with us.
A culture of radical accountability to our customers –as we help build a meaningful life for and with the displaced, we ask them what they want and then deliver on it.
About the Position
Reporting to the Finance and Administration Officer, The Finance Assistant will be responsible for proper recording, coding, and documentation to ensure value for money in all transactions.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensuring that data required for donor reporting is recorded and adequately captured on the vouchers by donor, fund codes and chart of accounts. Discuss any coding errors with Finance Officer before capturing them in the cash book.
• Performing daily cashier duties: Receives, pays out petty cash (UGX & USD), makes payments for approved purchases, receives and holds receipts and/or advance documents: reconciles daily cash disbursements.
• Preparing bank payment vouchers for all approved voucher payments to recipients.
• Initiation of batches online for fully approved bank payment vouchers.
• Ensure compliance with ALIGHT and donors procedures and guidelines.
• Ensure all payment documents for proper and adequate back up based on the ALIGHT Uganda minimum supporting documents requirement policy.
• Ensure timely capturing of all encumbrances/commitments at both Country Office and Field levels.
• Report to the supervisor all anomalies in implementing ALIGHT internal control policies.
• Contributes significantly to the ongoing process of continuous improvement of the financial management system and the internal control.
Treasury control and verification
1. Carry out weekly cash counts and at the end of each month. All cash counts should be documented.
2. Liaison with bank on all banking issues.
3. Unless approved by CFM or CD otherwise, ensure that EFT payments are issued for any time a payment request exceeds the petty cash threshold of UGX 350,000 before payment.
4. Ensure that cash advance paid out are resolved within the set time flame.
• Review of Field –based financial Data
1. Ensure that field offices Petty cash replenishment is timely done.
2. Re-check all vouchers’ reference and filling.
3. Ensuring that receipts are attached for all payment vouchers made from the Field.
• Donor Reporting
1. Ensure data required for donor reporting is recorded and adequately captured on the vouchers by donor, fund codes and Chart of accounts. Discuss any coding errors with Finance and Administration Officer before capturing them in the cash book.
2. Assist the department during Project Specific/Global annual Audits.
1. Perform daily filling of financial documents following Alight filling system and policy.
2. Verify references assigned to documentations prior to filling.
3. Make sure that filling system is clearly understood and strictly followed to prevent loss or misplacement of documents.
• And any other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business administration, Accounting and Finance or any other related field.
• At least 2 years’ experience working in a finance department in a busy organization.
• Computer Skills in Microsoft office (Word, Excel)
• Proven organizational skills and multitask under tight deadlines.
• Strong analytical, written, and verbal skills.
• High level of integrity and good interpersonal skills
• Ability to maintain good ethical and confidentiality standards.