|Date Posted||May 24, 2022|
Ensure continuous adherence to operational and financial controls, policies, and procedures and implement improvements in consultation with the Finance Lead.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
Finance Lead, Regional Head of Finance (East Africa), Other departments
Shared: Decisions reached jointly with peers and leaders on a collective basis
NO. OF SUBORDINATES:
IMPACT ON CUSTOMERS:
Internal & External
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
If you would like to work in a genuinely fast-paced and professional environment with a vision to become the number one choice for Africans making automobile-related transactions, then this is the place.
We deliver services at the standards expected by our customers and implement new ideas at the highest speed possible on our planet. We work hard, and we reward people who are passionate enough to nurture this vision with us. Our ambition is to sustain value for our shareholders and create meaning and purpose that truly engages our employees while ensuring peace of mind for our customers.
We are pioneers in the auto technology space and are always at the forefront of developing and launching innovative solutions in the market. Our goal is to continue to attract some of the industry’s most innovative and entrepreneurial talent who recognize our growing brand value and strong positioning long into the future.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our CEO and the rest of our leadership team are driven, passionate individuals who possess excellent credentials, have quality work experience across reputable companies, and have come together to do the most phenomenal work of their lives. With over 80 years of combined experience and from varied backgrounds, our team shares the same vision and common values.
Very results-oriented, well organized, hands-on, dynamic, and with a proactive personality that enjoys the challenge of growing the business. Brings excellent management capacity and ability to collaborate with multiple locations across the continent.
The Finance Analyst will be primarily responsible for ensuring efficient transaction processing. Ensure continuous adherence to operational and financial controls, policies, and procedures and implement improvements in consultation with the Finance Lead.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure recording of all financial transactions covering revenues, costs, expenses, assets and liabilities.
- Review and update financial data in the accounting system and other workflows to ensure that information is accurate and immediately available when needed
- Maintaining accounts receivable, document bills, and relevant supporting documentation for all transactions
- Maintaining accounts payable, ensuring timely payment of invoices, and reconciliations of all related account balances
- Ensure that bank reconciliation statements are reconciled accurately and timely
- Ensure that all intercompany reconciliations are correctly aligned with related party balances
- Participate in the preparation of statements of financial position, income statements, and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Collaborating with internal departments to reconcile any accounting discrepancies
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and annual financial reports
- Maintenance of adequate accounting systems and controls
- Payroll statutory remittances, tax, and other regulatory compliance
- Improving efficiencies and reducing costs across the business
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions and balances
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions
- Ensure all appropriate schedules are available
- In addition to liaising with the tax consultants; ensure the provision of relevant tax information requests to ensure compliance with tax and regulatory obligations including Pension, Pay as You Earn, Value Added Tax, Withholding Tax, Company Income Tax
- Thoughtful and demonstrates good judgment and strong decision-making based on accurate and timely analysis
- A reasonable level of experience in an unstructured and fast-paced environment
- Outstanding time management skills
- Results-oriented approach to work; willingness to do whatever it takes to help the team
- Ability to identify and implement efficiencies and process improvements
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking, and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or equivalent
- Professional/Chartered Accountant (an added advantage)
- Minimum of 3 years of Finance and accounting experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Extensive experience in transaction processing and recording of financial data.
- Comfortable working in a matrix, extremely dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented multinational environment
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- You will learn to move fast, take calculated risks and learn from failures.
- You will develop core management strategies as well as learn the importance of deep dives to resolve problems across geographies.
- Your people management skill will be tested and improved as you engage and interact with colleagues to deliver quantifiable goals that give real business value.
- You will learn to measure and track output and results and how to automate everything that you do.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to attractive compensation, you will have the opportunity to work with global finance teams and leaders. We offer a vibrant culture, great work ambiance, super-intelligent workforce, and a relaxed dress code. We invest in the development of our diverse workforce. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company. We are also committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunities.