|Date Posted||August 11, 2020|
JOB ADVERT: Finance Administrator Engineering Ministries International (EMI) Uganda is seeking to recruit a Finance Administrator to join the international collaborative, multi-disciplinary design and construction office in Kajjansi. Ideal candidates will demonstrate a strong desire to walk in step with Jesus, a focus on professional advancement, and a working knowledge of financial processes.
EMI is a non-profit international Christian development organization made up of architects, engineers, land surveyors, and construction managers. Through developing facilities such as schools, medical centres, and more, EMI directly impacts communities by meeting physical needs and communicating God’s love in practical ways.
Position: Finance Administrator
Reports to: Finance Manager .
• Follow established EMI Uganda financial procedures and EMI checks & balances protocols
• Maintain complete, accurate, up-to-date, secure, confidential, organized, & easily-understood physical and electronic financial records
• Understand, communicate, & implement Ugandan compensation & tax law, as applicable to EMI Uganda
• Cash flow management in compliance with internal financial procedures
• Maintain effective payroll processes and administer employee & employer taxes
• Assemble EMI Uganda end-of-month reports
• Maintain accurate, clear, up-to-date, organized records in QuickBooks
• Follow relevant Ugandan & US law, and maintain ethical standards
• Pay bills accurately and on time.
• Update QuickBooks with all related financial transactions.
• Distribute payroll, cash benefits accurately & on time.
Required basic qualities
• Vibrant Christian faith
• High integrity, ethical and ability to manage work schedule with deadlines
• Ability to initiate and complete assignments with minimal supervision
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Cross-cultural team player
Required qualifications and experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, or other related field.
• 2 to 3 years of experience in Financial role
• Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Outlook, QuickBooks, Excel, and completing financial calculations
Email your CV and a one-page cover letter to