|December 7, 2023
Sales and Marketing
Provide in-field assistance for pre- and post- sale technical activities with a primary emphasis on growing the user base of diagnostic products. Provide technical direction and support to customers on instrument operation, assay implementation and accreditation, maintenance of company products. Make technical presentations and conduct product demonstrations for customers. Work collaboratively with Sales, Marketing, Scientific Affair, Technical Support, Service and global business units to identify and assess customer needs and provide high quality customer care exceeding expectations.
• Provide on-site installation of systems, maintenance and troubleshooting to ensure a smooth and rapid start-up for customers.
• Integrate Cepheid instruments into customer laboratories and provide support to the customer during the evaluation and validation process.
Follow normal standard of work for documentation and customer complaint handling to ensure total customer satisfaction.
• Monitor sites and provide trainings (system, software, reagents, and connectivity).
Record information related to installations, training, customer support and follow-up in SFDC as well as market intelligence data and report to the programme manager.
Develop and maintain excellent relationships with customers, ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction through proactive attitude and actions to optimize system performance.
• Conduct proactively preventive maintenance and modifications, reactive repairs and installations and de-installations, in a timely, productive, and cost-effective way.
Interpret customers’ needs and take responsibility for problem resolution amongst other functions liaising with the customer on administrative and technical matters.
• Manage all aspects of field support, which is not limited to system hardware and software, PCs, and networking.
• Work closely with internal stakeholders to address customer concerns, determine corrective action and customer follow-up.
• Spare parts stock management including stock levels.
• Manage inventory for car stock and other required spare parts.
• Jointly develop account strategies with Sales Representatives aimed at increasing Cepheid business as rapidly as possible.
• Interacting with stakeholders on the ground to generate demand for testing on the installed base, identify potential new assays that can be added to the menu and collaborate with Cepheid team to allow fast adoption and implementation.
• Assist the HBDC sales team with pre- and post-sale technical activities both within Uganda and in surrounding Eastern African countries to support a growing user base of diagnostic products.
TRAINING RESPONSIBILITIES: (REQUIRED)
• Complete all assigned and required training satisfactorily and on time.
For people managers, ensure your associates attend and complete all required trainings satisfactorily and on time.
Experience, qualifications, skills required:
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of experience
• A minimum of 3 years of Medical Technologist & diagnostic market experience.
• Diploma Engineering or Biology, bachelor’s degree with experience in Molecular Biology an advantage
• Must have experience working with various KOL’s within Kenya
• Local language knowledge such as Kiswahili desirable
• Hands-on experience with lab automation systems
• Hands-on experience with LIS/connectivity
• Clinical Laboratory focus along with experience in molecular and microbiology techniques.
• Results driven and self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to achieve measurable goals.
• Technical support and training experience in reagent and instrumentation for Clinical Diagnostics
• Experience working in Africa is an advantage.
• Expertise with generating commercial leads.
• Experience with customer base within territory a plus
• Strengths in networking and relationship development.
• Strong oral and written communications skills.
• Excellent technical presentation skills for group and one-on-one presentations
• Integrates with the sales team in planning and executing business growth strategy.
• Networks with the scientific community to grow the business.
• Demonstrated excellent customer relations/service skills.
• Strong knowledge of medical diagnostics market
• Excellent presentation skills
• Experience in customer training (Application & Service)
• Self-assured and calm under pressure
• Good communication skills
• Self-motivated and independent problem solving
• Goal oriented, results driven.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Works independently and team orientated.
• Networking skills to grow the business.
• Proficient in computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes/Outlook)
• Demonstrated Teamwork, autonomy, availability, organizational awareness.
• Cultural sensitivity to work in an international group.
• Demonstrated excellent time management and organization, project management skills.
• High compliance and integrity standards and strict adherence to the Danaher policies
• Required to spend around 80% on-site with customers.
• Valid motor vehicle license
• Travel mostly limited to Eastern African countries but Twill include some worldwide travel.
• The individual may be asked to do other job duties as required by the business.
• Will be required to work after hours from time to time.
• Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, most work is in a lab environment setting. Lighting and temperature are adequate. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
• May be requested to work overtime and weekends for special program events.