|Date Posted||September 9, 2019|
Chartered in 1933, Aga Khan University (AKU) is a private, autonomous and self-goveming intemational university, with l3 teaching sites in 6 countries over three continents ( www.aku.edu ) An integral part of the Aga Khan Development Network ( www.akdn.org ), AKU provides higher education in several disciplines, carries out research pertinent to the countries and operates 7 hospitals (soon 8) and over 325 outreach clinics, all at international standards. lt has almost 2,500 students and 14,000 staff. The University is both a model ofaeademie excellence and an agent of social change. As an international institution. AKU operates on the core principles of quality, relevance, impact and access.
The position will be based in the Aga Khan University Kampala, Uganda.
Applications are invited from appropriately qualiﬁed candidates for the position of Executive Assistant.
Reporting to the Projects Director, the Executive Assistant will provide high level administrative support to the Projects Director, effectively coordinate and facilitate administrative aspects of the office including day to day office management..
• Effectively managing incoming and outgoing telephone calls and ensuring the highest communication standards are upheld.
• Drafting, editing, preparing, and distributing all written communications.
• Effectively handling both the internal and external customers of the institution by engaging best practices in customer service.
• Effectively handling the Projects Directors office diary by proﬁciently planning and scheduling appointments.
• Organizing meetings and video of conference calls including securing venues, setting up the relevant connection equipment, developing the agenda, assisting in preparation of meeting documents, and distributing to participants in a timely manner.
• Taking minutes in meetings, following up on action items arising out of meetings and ensuring timely closure.
• Liaising with relevant departments as required to accomplish tasks against set targets and deadlines.
• Facilitating and responsible for administrative aspects of planned Workshops, conferences and retreats hosted
• Preparing presentations as required for the Projects Directors speaking engagements.
• Overall management, arrangement and facilitation of travel for the Projects Director: booking tickets in line with the institution ’s travel and procurement policy; timely processing of multiple/single entry visas as required; protocol managements; sourcing appropriate accommodation; arranging and coordinating airport transfers and ground transport; tracking and staying abreast of latest immigration and visa rules, travel advisories. flight schedules /changes, etc.
• Ensuring that the expenses are claimed in a timely manner and as per entitlement.
• Ensuring sufficient stocks of all required stationery for the office.
• Ensuring the hard/soft copy ﬁling systems are in order and well maintained; safe and secure storage of conﬁdential information.
• Any other duty as may be required..
Education, skills and experience:
• Bachelors degree in Ofﬁce and Information Management,
• Bachelor’s degree in secretarial studies or related ﬁeld
• At least ﬁve ( 5) years experience in a senior secretarial position
• Professional qualiﬁcations in office administration, management or public relations will be an added advantage.
• Prior work experience in a construction / proj ect management firm will be given preference.
• S/he should be proﬁcient in MS Office tools and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• The ideal candidate should have exceptional interpersonal, organizational, communication, customer service skills, critical thinking and the right attitude.
Job Experience Requirements: ﬁve ( 5) years
Applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, names of three referees, telephone contact, e-mail address and copies of certiﬁcates and testimonials should be sent by email to
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.