|Date Posted||May 6, 2021|
The Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) will be undertaking the National Livestock Census 2021 this year- The main objective of the National Livestock Census is to obtain a count of a country’s livestock and their associated characteristics. The National Livestock Census will be conducted from 17th May 2021 to 28th May 202 l in all districts in the country. It will involve door to door visits to all households with Livestock in Uganda.
The Chief Administrative Ofﬁcers (CA(Ds) will coordinate the activities of the National Livestock Census at district level and will appoint Supervisors at District, Sub—county and Parish level.
To ensure the conduct of the National Livestock Census 2021 (NLC), UBOS, through the respective Local Government, is seeking to recruit highly competent, motivated, team players of good character and integrity to work as Enumerators. A total number of 8,257 enumerators will be recruited
Job Title: Enumerator (8,257)
Job Ref: UBOS/NLC/E/21
Terms of Employment: Temporary
Reporting: Parish Supervisors .
KEY DUTIES ANID RESPONSIBILITY:
• Collect information on all livestock and their characteristics in the assigned Enumeration Area;
• Complete questionnaires correctly and according to the quality standards required.
• Ensure that all the Livestock Census n1aterials/ equipment are properly handled, used and returned to the in1nlediate Supervisor after the enumeration exercise is over;
• Compile and submit summary of the livestock population ﬁgures for each Enumeration Area;
• Attend and participate in all training sessions;
• Perform. any other functions for the Livestock Census which the immediate Supervisor may assign from time to time
Skills and other attributes
• Strong numerical and analytical skills
• Good inter-personal skills and communication skills.
• Should be physically fit and able to Walk long distances
• Should have at least an “O” level Certificate and must have passed English and mathematics at “O” level
• Possession of an “A” level certiﬁcate will be added advantage
• Should preferably be resident in the Parish and have knowledge of the boundaries of the Parish;
• Should be Fluent in the main local language spoken in the area
• Must have a NATIONAL IIDENTIFICATICDN CARD
• Must have a mobile telephone number registered in OWNER’S NAME for Mobile money transactions
• Must be of good conduct and responsible citizen;
• Must be available from 11th May to 31st May 2021
• Experience in data collection activities is an added advantage
All candidates for the position for the position of Enumerator for the National Livestock Census 2021 (NLC) jobs should send handwritten Applications (Hard Copies) bearing full residential and contact address (including mobile telephone numbers and email addresses where applicable) as well as photocopies of the required certificates.
The applications should indicate the Job Title, District, Sub county, Parish/Ward/Village of Residence on top of the first page of the Application Letter
All applications and testimonials should be submitted directly to the Chief Administrative Officer of the respective District.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. All tendered in documents shall be verified with the relevant authorities- Any falsification of documents will lead to prosecution and any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.