|Date Posted||September 9, 2019|
The Consortium for Enhancing University Responsiveness to Agribusiness Development Limited (CURAD) is a public-private partnership initiative promoted by Makerere University, the National Union of Coffee Agribusinesses and Farm Enterprises (NUCAFE), National Agricultural Research Organization (NARO). CURAD is an agribusiness innovation incubator set up with the aim of boosting job creation and incomes within the Agricultural sector in Uganda using the agribusiness incubation model.
Agribusiness and Agripark Project: aBi Development Limited is partnering with CURAD to set up an Agripak Facility at Namanve Industrial Park which will be engaged in the production and marketing of fresh fruit, vegetables, dried fruits and packaging materials using the incubation model. CURAD is now looking to fi ll up the following positions at the Agri park Facility.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform assigned maintenance activities including assessments
• Prioritize Jobs to maximize product quality and plant availability (break-in jobs)
• Provide timely feedback to supervisor on deviations to schedule and on work to be completed.
• Carry-out maintenance and repairs according to acceptable engineering standards.
• Liase and work with the mechanical engineer to ensure thorough maintenance activity.
• Communicate to other shifts all line and equipment specific problems and outstanding work.
• Ensure efficiency of line is met as per equipment rated speed.
• Attend maintenance meetings when on shift or on instruction by the unit manager.
• Provide support for the implementation of autonomous maintenance through involvement with the coaching of production staff.
• Identify and action unsafe conditions & work practices as per the standard maintenance procedures
• Use, handle and dispose of as per procedures all Hazardous substances.
• Report & action all Health & Safety incidents are as per procedures.
• Adhere to all housekeeping standards and Maintain all work areas clean and organized at all times
The applicant must hold an Ordinary Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
• Higher Diploma in Electrical Engineering is an added advantage.Professional Skills:Five years working experience in a hands-on industry set up, FMCG industry is preferred.
• Awareness of factory safety & health regulations
• Proven team leader, dynamic in negotiations and ability to interact with a multi-disciplinary support environment.
• Handling training programs, event management and understand the demands of the Unit managers for equipment efficiency.
Application letters and CVs should be sent only by hard copy to
the Executive Director CURAD
P.O.BOX 1509, MUARIK, Gayaza, Kabanyolo
or using email to email@example.com
and a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org