|Date Posted||September 3, 2019|
The Government of Uganda has secured funding from the International Development Association (IDA) to finance various activities under the Regional Communications Infrastructure Program (RCIP). The Regional Communication Infrastructure Program (RCIP) Uganda will complement existing country ICT and e-government Infrastructure initiatives by helping boost the already existing e-government infrastructure and bridge the financing and technical gaps. It is intended that part of the proceeds of this credit, will be applied to eligible payments for the services of a Manager Service Delivery.
The National Information Technology Authority – Uganda (NITA-U) is the Implementing Agency for the project, through a Project Implementation Office (PIO). Applications are hereby invited from eligible, suitably qualified and experienced persons for the vacant position of Manager Service Delivery to be based at the PIO at NITA-U Headquarters.
Objective of Assignment
To drive organisational motor vehicles and carry out basic vehicle checks to enable people move from one place to another to carry out official business of the Authority.
The Driver will report to Administration Manager on functional deliverables and to RCIP Programme Coordinator administratively.
4.0 Responsibilities and Tasks
The main responsibilities and duties of the Manager Administration shall be as outlined below;
- Drive organization vehicles to enable people move from one place to another to meet the organization objectives.
- Keep organization vehicles mechanically sound in line with Uganda traffic laws.
- Renew organization vehicle licenses in line with vehicle policy and traffic laws;
- Capture data on individual vehicles for repairs and service;
- Verify all repairs and service done by the respective garages;
- Verify requisition form for vehicle maintenance;
- Ensure compliance of regulations of vehicle maintenance;
- Capture data on monthly fuel consumption for individual vehicles (routine);
- Provide update on status of insurance and car tracking facilities;
- Assist in scheduling vehicles for weekly/monthly washing;
- Report all motor vehicles incidents in line with the Authority’s guidelines
5.0 Qualifications, Competences and Experience
Candidates should have the following qualifications, competencies and experience:
- A minimum of a Uganda Ordinary Certificate of Education or its equivalent;
- At least 3 driving classes plus valid driving license;
- A certificate in Defensive Driving or basic mechanical engineering qualification is an added advantage
- Ability to ride motor cycle with a valid riding licence is an added advantage
- Proven track record of professional integrity and confidentiality in handling public resources
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work with teams in the organisation at all levels
- At least three years driving experience with a reputable public or private commercial or donor funded organization
7.0 Duration of Assignment
The successful candidate shall be engaged under two(2) year employment contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance with a probationary period of 6 months.
- Other Required Skills and Competences
- Communications: Very good communication skills (spoken and written), including the ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences on environmental related matters, good negotiation skills and to prepare a variety of written documents, contracts, reports, etc. in a clear, concise style.
- Teamwork: Very good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Integrity: Must be a person of proven honesty and does not tolerate corruption and unethical behaviours in all its forms and manifestations.
- Innovation: Must be a person with ability to seek new ways of doing things efficiently to deliver value to our customers.
- Customer Centricity: Must be a person who strives to satisfy customers and clients. Should be able to understand what the customer wants and delivering it flawlessly.
Quality: Must be a person who thinks of quality and continuous improvement in his/her work
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements/specifications and with the right personal attributes are invited to complete and submit their job application form (attached herewith), with a cover letter, supported by curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials, and must specify day time telephone contact, postal and email addresses of both the applicant and three referees.
Applicants must also submit with their application verifiable evidence supporting previous relevant appointments such as appointment letters and employment contracts.
No application will be accepted without a duly completed and signed standard application form (referred to above).
Please indicate the position being applied for on top of the envelope.
The Executive Director
National Information Technology Authority – UGANDA (NITA-U)
Palm Courts, Plot 7A, Rotary Avenue (former Lugogo bypass)
P.O. Box 33151, Kampala, Uganda
Tel: 0417 801 038
Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org (application shouldn’t be more than 10MB)