|Date Posted||August 23, 2019|
Overview: As a Driver / Field Security you will assist in ensuring the success of IJM’s work by providing safe and secure transportation to IJM staff and performing miscellaneous casewor related tasks.
Key Result Areas:
The success of this role is measured by the following KRAs:
- IJM staff consistently receive transportation that is safe and timely.
- IJM vehicles are used responsibly and are well taken care of.
- Ensuring that security measures are implemented to protect staff on field visits
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide navigation and translation support for IJM staff.
- Provide security support at IJM field visits and other events
- Complete security risk assessments and incident reports as required.
- Perform miscellaneous casework related tasks (delivering supplies, assist with surveys, run errands, etc.) as needed.
Events and Logistics:
- Drive IJM’s vehicles for IJM staff, clients and guests for business purposes.
- Assist in the cleaning, maintenance, repair, fueling and upkeep of IJM vehicles.
- Assist in maintaining records of use, condition and fuel consumption of IJM vehicles.
- Be responsive to security risks levels and mitigate risk accordingly.
- Driver / Security reports to the Sr. Manager, Fort Portal Projects.
R – Responsible
A – Accountable
C – Consulted
I – Informed
Vehicle maintenance – Informed
Attending to visitors – Informed
Field Security – Informed
Education & Experience:
- At least five years of experience as a professional driver.
- Valid Driver’s License, certificate from defensive driving course, and experience driving manual vehicles on rough terrain.
- Fluency in English and local languages, with excellent writing and speaking in both.
- Computer literate with proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Knowledge of geography and roads of Fort Portal, and surrounding areas.
- Understanding of maintenance requirements for four-wheel-drive vehicles.
- Familiarity with pricing for vehicle maintenance and repair.
- Understanding of security protocols and procedures
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed.
- Passionate commitment to IJM’s mission and values.
- Professional in demeanor, appearance, writing and oral communication.
- Works well under stress with a sustained positive attitude.
- Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity.
- Intelligent, organized, creative and proactive problem solver.
- Ability to cooperate effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities for the position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All positions are required to perform any additional tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Send Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* What is a statement of faith? A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.