|Date Posted||August 13, 2022|
Knowledge, Skills & Competences
• Possession of a valid driver’s license.
• No history of major accidents within the past 3 years.
• Excellent English and Luganda language skills.
• Discipline and punctuality.
• Possesses good stress tolerance and patience levels.
A. Key Responsibilities
The Driver will be in charge of;
• Safe and responsible driving of office vehicles.
• Routine maintenance and care of office vehicles.
• Takes careful note of all available information concerning street conditions, effective routes, and locations.
• Running official errands and assisting with other office services.
The Driver performs the following tasks:
B. Specific Tasks
1. Maintenance of Cars
• Regularly clean the inside and outside of the office vehicle.
• Checks oil, water, brake, and clutch fluids daily; tyre pressure, battery water, and overall vehicle condition monthly or after 5000 km whichever comes earlier; tests lights, brakes, bodywork for dents, etc.
• Reports the need for maintenance and undertakes minor repairs.
• Immediately reports any involvement of the project/office vehicle in any, even minor accidents, or any damage or theft of equipment from the vehicle.
• Logs in vehicle movement in vehicle logbook correctly & accurately daily and registers each monthly check.
• Compiles driver reports on the condition of the vehicle.
2. Road Information
• Uses all available information (incl. actual radio news on traffic situations) to update knowledge of street conditions, effective routes, and locations daily.
• Exchanges this information with other drivers.
3. General Services
• Wears proper attire.
• Serves all passengers in a friendly manner.
• Runs errands for the GIZ Office e.g. delivery of letters/messages, payment of bills, and makes minor purchases as directed.
• Is responsible for official documents in the vehicle.
• Is responsible for a special petty cash and submits vouchers for accounting monthly.
• Does not use, at any time, the car for his/her own private purposes. Such misuse of the vehicle is considered a serious misconduct and will immediately lead to a warning and may result in dismissal.
• Does not drink alcohol before and during working hours.
Other Duties/Additional Tasks
• If there is no outside driving activity, s/he stands by in the office, supports other colleagues in case of need and does other office work as assigned.
• Reports any incident whilst off duty that may affect his/her driving licence entitlement, as well as any newly known health problems that may affect his/her ability to drive.
• Undertakes further job training related to his/her position and duties, if required.
• Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (“A” Level).
Details of experience
• At least 5 years of working experience as a driver, with references.
• Experience in driving in difficult terrain.
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply by email to email@example.com . Applications and CVs should be in one document and a maximum of 5 pages only. Please include the name and contact of three references in the CVs, one official reference from your current workplace is a MUST. Please quote the position and reference number in the subject line.
Please note: This is a national position. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.