|Date Posted||August 27, 2019|
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About USAID RHITES-N Project:
With the RHITES-N Acholi Project (Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in Northern Uganda – Acholi), USAID will continue its support of the Government of Uganda’s (GOU) efforts to improve access to and use of health services in the country’s post-conflict northern region. RHITES-N Acholi Project activities will build on USAID investments and national advances to increase access to and use of high-quality integrated services that accelerate the ability and capacity to respond to the specific health needs of residents in the Acholi sub-region, leveraging the URC-ASSIST project successes.
Job Summary: The role of the Driver will be to provide transportation for project activities as well as the management of project vehicles. As needed, the Driver performs office support tasks, as requested.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure provision of reliable and safe driving for staff, officials and visitors and safe delivery and collection of mail, documents, and any other cargo
- Ensure availability of all required documents including proof of ownership, valid driving license, vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, emergency phone contacts, etc.
- Respect standard traffic rules and road signs and URC operational procedures
- Prepare the vehicle in time before departure and ensure that the right equipment needed for the specified location, toolkit, fuel tanks full, etc. are available in the vehicle
- Must show respect and courtesy towards other drivers and road users
- Ensure that the vehicle is kept clean and tidy
- Fill out a daily vehicle log sheet and carry out daily and weekly maintenance checks on the vehicle
- Monitor the vehicle mileage and ensure that it is serviced at the right time
- Ensure that the vehicle is parked safely at all times
- Take necessary safety and security measures always
- Keep him/herself updated on the security situation of the area where he/she is asked to drive
- Comply fully with URC/Acholi Project procedures on the reporting of accidents involving project vehicles
- Report any damage, mechanical faults or mishaps that may occur to the vehicle including accidents
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an Ordinary level certificate
- Relevant training and knowledge in mechanics will be an added advantage
- At least four years work experience gained through serving within a donor funded project or 2 years town running experience driving high profile people
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks
- Valid driving license of at least classes B, DL, and CM
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills is a must
- A good familiarity with roads and districts in Acholi region
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers.
You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.