|Date Posted||June 6, 2020|
VVOB - Education for Development, is a non-profit organisation that focuses on improving the quality of education. WOB partners with Ministries of Education at national and sub-national levels, and with public education institutions in nine countries globally. Through the provision of technical assistance, the capacity of national governments and local education authorities for the design and implementation of education policies and/or innovations is improved.
WOB has its headquarters in Brussels (Belgium), and became operational in Uganda in 2019. VVOB has offices in Kampala and in Gulu and is expecting to set up field offices in Arua and Isingiro soon. More information about the work of VVOB can be found on www.vvob.org.
VVOB is currently recruiting various positions (National staff) with immediate start dates for its projects:
1. From Classroom to Land: Teaching Agriculture Practically (TAP)
2.Teaching at the Right Level for Refugee and Host Communities (TRL)
• Duty Station: District Offices Arua - Isingiro
• Start Date: 1st of July
• Salary Range: From UGX 6,830,095 – 9,347,457 dependent on years of experience
• Contract duration: TaRL: May 31st, 2021
The District Project Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the planning, implementation and monitoring of district level activities for the TaRL project, including trainings and TaRL sessions. As district project coordinator, you report directly to the project coordinator at head office in Kampala, and work closely together with the education advisor, the MEAL advisor, and the other district project coordinator.
You also report to the Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager of VVOB in Uganda. You facilitate and support the training of the master trainers and ensure high quality training of mentors and teachers. In addition, you contribute to the quality of TaRL sessions by regularly observing lessons and providing feedback to TaRL instructors. You also collaborate closely with the DEO to support monitoring of TaRL implementation and learner progress, among others through regular coordination meetings. You nurture the communication for data collection which involves the MOES focal point, DEO, Coordinating Center Tutors, research partner staff, TiET, UNEB, NCDC, MoES Department of Basic Education. You ensure appropriate planning at district level and share these plans to inform the national planning processes. .
Job Responsibilities: Not Specified
Function specific competencies
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
• Strong analytical skills
• 360° empathy
• A Master’s Diploma/University Degree in Education, Human Sciences, or related field; or equivalent by experience.
• At least 3 years’ work experience in education.
• At least 1-year work experience in development cooperation.
• Experience with Project Cycle Management, monitoring and evaluation of development programmes
• Experience in refugee context, coaching and mentoring, and life skills are a plus.
• Experience with working in a multicultural team.
• Language: Strong command of English.
• Knowledge of the Teaching at the Right Level methodology is a plus.
• Language: Strong command of English. Language skills in Lugbara and/or Runyankole are a plus.
Job Education: Master’s Diploma/University Degree
Job Experience: 3 years
Please send your application by email only to
Your application should include:
- In the subject line: Application: name - position for which you apply
- Motivation letter (PDF, attached).
- CV, including 3 reference persons and telephone and email contacts (former and current employers only) (PDF, attached).
- Salary expectations (PDF, attached).
Shortlisted candidates are invited for a written test (home assignment), and selected candidates will be invited for Interview. Comprehensive reference checks will be made before a final offer.