|Date Posted||September 21, 2019|
john Snow, lnc. (JSI), a leader in the ﬁeld of international public hearth, is currently recruiting for Director, Monitoring and Evaluation for the USAID-Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services-North, Lango (USAlD- RHITES-N, Lango) Project. USAlD-RHlTES-N, Lango will improve the use of integrated health services in Northern Uganda's Lango region and strengthen the heaith system to sustain gains made by earlier projects. USAID-RHITES~N, Lango will contribute to improving key population-based national health indicators; build the capacity of the Ugandan government to carry out a sustainable and locally~driven response to the HIV epidemic, while also improving TB, malaria, nutrition, MNCH+A, and WASH outcomes. jSl will work with Ugandan stakeholders to design and implement health system strengthening strategies to scale up high-impact, evidence-based interventions at the national, sub-regional, district, and community levels. interventions will include VMMC, virtual elimination of mother-to-child transmission of l-ll\/, antiretroviral therapy, and condom education and distribution. jSl will focus where the greatest impact can be realized, with a priority on hard-to-reach and high-HIV- prevalence locations.
RHITES-N, Lango is a ﬁve-year contract. The JSI team includes Amref Health Africa, Doctors with Africa CUAMM,Another Option, and Medical Concierge Group.
Tilte: Director Monitoring and Evaluation
Reports to: Chief of Party
Contract Terms: fixed Term
The Director M&E is a full-time position and will be based in Lango Sub region in Lira —District Uganda. S/he will be in charge of project monitoring and evaluation and will develop monitoring, evaluation and reporting systems that include appropriate indicators, baseline data, targets and a plan to evaluate performance and produce timely accurate and complete reporting .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILlTlES
• Support the process of documenting and reporting RHlTES
• N, Lango achievements; and
• Provide M&E leadership, oversight, and technical support.
• Serve as a member of the project Senior Management Team that is responsible for overall project performance;
• Work independently with authority from the COP, within project strategy and USAID policy guidelines;
• Make decisions with regard to work delegation within the M&E/SI team, management and data analysis;
• Overall responsible for program data generation and management of budget and all assets resources in the M&E unit; and
• Ensure timely staff reviews and performance evaluations of M&E team
• Collaborate with the COP to regularly update and ensure implementation of the projects AMLEP in line with USAID and Govemment of Uganda reporting requirements;
• Establish and maintain systems for the timely flow of information from service-delivery points to the RHlTES-N, Lango central data base and ensure timely and effective M&E technical support to all implementing heatth facilities and CSOs. Also oversee data quality audits;
• Establish systems for data analysis, review and use at all levels of the project (district, facility, district and community level);
• Provide inputs into other national and international reporting systems;
• Provide technical advice in the design and implementation of data collection exercise (e.g., baseline and end line surveys; regular performance monitoring. etc.);
• Build the capacity of RHITES-N, Lango staff in the design and implementation of a coordinated and effective M&E system and support training of M&E personnel in quality assurance methods;
• Ensure the establishment and maintenance of a functional RHITES-N, Lango project database and regular and timely updates of the HYBRID, DATIM and other relevant databases;
• Conduct supportive supervisory visits to grantees to observe, monitor and provide guidance and quality
• Feedback on the use of data and indicators;
• Analyze M&E data on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis, providing input toall project deliverables and flag action areas to the project leadership;
• Link and analyze resource inputs, outputs and outcomes and report on project effectiveness and efficiency;
• Liaise and network with RHlTES-N, Lango partners and collaborators to harmonize reporting systems:
• Provide clear documentation of programmatic achievements and keep the project senior management team informed on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis. Also work with the other SMT members and JSI home ofﬁce to identify, document and publish best practices;
• Coordinate writing of reports and take responsibility for compilation of project report to the donor and partners;
• Develop or adapt available M&E training materials for program and partner use; and
• Oversee operational research, qualitative studies and policy briefs to assess the impact of program activities. Planning
• Plan and facilitate routine periodic Service meetings; and
• Plan and organize routine data quality audits, and serve as a catalyst to enhance systems that bridge data collection with analysis and data-driven decision making and planning.
• A Masters degree or higher in public health preferred, social sciences, or other relevant discipline;
• Minimum of 12 years’ experience in M&E/SI for international donor funded projects, preferably including experience with USAID-funded projects with progressively increasing level of responsibility;
• Signiﬁcant experience working in HIV/AIDS, TB, and RMNCH program in Uganda;
• Strong experience with data management in Uganda including data entry and cleaning, data analysis and report writing;
• Strong computer skills particularly in spreadsheets, database and statistical applications;
• Demonstrated expertise in rigorous quantitative and qualitative research and analytical methods;
• Proven experience in research/study design and implementation, including design and data analysis of quantitative and qualitative studies and rapid appraisals;
• Demonstrated hands-on practical experience setting up and managing EMR systems for health programs;
• Excellent report writing, analytical and communication skills, including oral presentation skills;
• Excellent interpersonal, multi-cultural and team building skills,
• Demonstrated ability to manage time and meet strict deadlines;
• Coordinate and manage other i’i&E/SI staff and provide mentorship
• Knowledge of epidemiology and evaluation research methods (qualitative and quantitative), including data processing;
• Computer proﬁciency including use of MS EXceL,Word, PowerPoint, Access and a statistics package (e.g., Stata, SPSS, SAS);
• Excellent interpersonal, supervisory, and mentoring skills;
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral:
• Must have demonstrated organizational skills;
• Ability to undertake extensive local travel; and
• GIS mapping skills a plus.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Masters degree
Job Experience Requirements: 12 years
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements, should send their applications by email to addressed to the Human Resource Manager attaching their application letters and CV
.JSI is an equal opportunity employer so women are encouraged to apply.