|Date Posted||October 9, 2019|
Health Care / Medical
The Provincial Secretariat of the Church of Uganda (COU) seeks to recruit suitable persons lor the positions below. These positions require Individuals who are practicing and committed to the values and laith of COU. knowledgeable and experienced in the various fields, team players, with high levels of integrity and able to work under minimum supervision. All positions require the following skills: training/ facilitation, project proposal and report writing, excellent interpersonal and English communication (oral & written) and good computer skills
Post: Director Health Services
Reports to: Provincial Secretar .
• Provide day-to-day management of the Directorate
• Spearhead policy formulation, implementation and periodic review for community and facility based health services
• Strategic planning, provide technical oversight and coordinate all health services and programmes across the Province
• Establish and maintain partnerships with other like-minded institutions operating in the area of health service delivery
• Develop and maintain collaborative links with CoU health service providers and institutions and development partners lor elfective and suitable implementation oi health activities throughout the Province.
• Support the functioning of the Provincial and Diocesan Health Boards and provide guidance where required.
• Provide support in the development and coordination of resource mobilization strategies to meet the funding requirements of the Provincial and Diocesan health strategic plans and policy directions in liaison with relevant stakeholders.
• Sector budget management.
Person speciﬁcation & skills
• A Master's Degree in a medical field or Public Health First Degree in a clinical lield oi Medicine
• At least three (3) years‘ experience in Programme Project Management
• Relevant working experience in an NGO /FBO/Donor environment will be an added advantage
• Advocacy skills
• Project management skills
• Financial management skills
Renewable contracts depending on performance
Duty Station: Provincial Secretariat - Willis Road, Namirembe, Kampalaa
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Three (3) years
Job Experience Requirements: Master's Degree
Applications along with most recent CV with three references, copies of relevant academic testimonials, recommendation letter from Parish Priest/Bishop and a day time contact should be submitted to the address below
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Church of Uganda is an equal opportunity employer.
The Provincial Secretary,
The Church of the Province Of Uganda,
Kampala – Uganda.