|Date Posted||August 15, 2019|
The Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA) is a Statutory Body established in accordance with the Electricity Act, 1999, Chapter 145 of the Laws of Uganda. The Act empowers ERA to regulate the Generation, Transmission, Sale, Export, Import and Distribution of Electrical Energy in Uganda.
The Authority seeks to recruit a competent and well-motivated person to fill the vacant position of Director Corporate and Consumer Affairs.
The position is contractual, running for an initial Five (5) year period and subject to renewal, upon satisfactory performance.
Job Title: Director Corporate and Consumer Affairs
Supervisor : Chief Executive Officer
Department: Corporate and Consumer Affairs Contract
Length: 5 years
1. To develop the ERA Strategic Plan that enhances Effectiveness, Visibility and Goodwill towards the organisation and coordination of all its internal and external stakeholders.
2. Develop and implement an Integrated Strategic Communications Strategy, to maintain a desirable Corporate Image, broaden awareness and strategically support the achievements of ERA by developing and executing effective communication and media relations.
1. Oversee the development and delivery of ERA’s Strategic Plans, ensuring that they are aligned with the Vision, Mission and other key strategic documents of Government.
2. Oversee the ERA Performance Review and Measurement, especially through the implementation of the Strategic Plan, the Three Year Business Plan and operationalise the Annual Business Plan/Work Plan.
3. Develop Monitoring and Evaluation tools to ensure that performance is measured using the Business Score Card.
4. Oversee the development and preparation of Corporate Campaigns and initiatives to improve public perception of ERA.
5. Develop Institutional Reporting System and Processes.
6. Develop Media Relations Strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media.
7. Ensure embed customer focus and high standards of customer care across ERA to ensure a truly customer focused organisation.
8. Lead the development and maintenance of Strategic Stakeholder Relationships with key external stakeholders to optimise opportunities for collaboration with other public and private organizations that could enhance and market ERA’s business prospects.
9. Develop, implement and evaluate the impact of ERA’s Corporate Social Responsibility Strategies.
10. Develop and implement an ISO Certification System to enhance quality assurance.
11. Formulate Policies and Procedures related to Public Information Programs.
12. Oversee the development and production of Strategic Publications and IEC Materials, including Annual Reports, Business Plans and Newsletters.
13. Supervise the preparation and implementation of the Departmental Work plans, Budgets, and Performance Reports to support ERA’s Strategic Objectives.
14. Assist the Chief Executive Officer in acting as ERA’s spokesperson whenever need arises.
15. Any other official duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
Academic Qualifications and Working Experience
1. Master’s Degree in Mass Communication, Engineering, Business
Administration, Economics, Law, Public Policy or related field is a must.
2. Honors Degree in Mass Communication, Journalism, Law, Social Sciences, Engineering, Commerce, Business Administration or related field.
3. Professional qualification/affiliation to a Professional Body.
4. Must have at least seven (7) years of relevant working experience in a credible organization at a Senior Level.
5. Should be between 35 and 50 years of age.
1. Demonstrated leadership and negotiation skills.
2. An understanding of the industry at both local, regional and international level.
3. Excellent Planning and organizational skills.
4. Good communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
5. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders.
6. Strong interpersonal skills and high level of integrity.
7. Self-drive, resilience and strong attention to detail and highly organized.
8. Specialised computer knowledge in MS office, design programs such as MS Publisher, QuarkXPress, and Illustrator.
9. Must be comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews.
10. Exceptional report writing and analytical, skills.
Applications should be delivered preferably by recorded delivery, addressed to:
THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
ELECTRICITY REGULATORY AUTHORITY
PLOT 15, SHIMONI ROAD, NAKASERO
P. O. BOX 10332, KAMPALA – UGANDA
The Deadline for submission of Applications is Friday, 30th August 2019, at 5:00pm. Applicants who do not meet the stipulated minimum requirements need not apply.
N.B: Members of the Electricity Regulatory Authority or Staff of ERA shall not be accepted as referees. Canvassing or any attempt thereof will lead to immediate disqualification. ERA is an equal opportunity employer.