|Date Posted||February 9, 2021|
Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity, with a focus on vulnerable and under-served populations.
United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has selected EDC to implement the USAID Integrated Child and Youth Development (ICYD) Activity. A 5-year activity with a goal for Ugandan children and youth, especially the most vulnerable, to receive the support and services necessary to lead resilient, healthy, and productive lives. The ICYD Activity is expected to achieve the following:
1. Children and youth have improved learning outcomes;
2. Children and youth are safe and healthy in their community and learning environments; and
3. Youth practice positive behaviors and are able to make informed decisions about their lives and relationships.
Working in partnership with Ministry of Education and Sports (MoES) and Ministry of Gender, Labor and Social Development (MGLSD), district and zonal officials, and other Ugandan goverment and civil society partners, ICYD will comprise a series of activities to support improved basic education for Ugandan children, address school-related and gender-based violence; facilitate enhanced child protection and support for vulnerable youth; provide support to HIV-affected orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and their caregivers/families and support HIV care and treatment outcomes in close collaboration with clinical and community structures. ICYD will also contribute to improved systems within the MoES and MGLSD to promote Early Grade Reading (EGR) and child protection.
EDC is currently hiring the following positions for the USAID ICYD Activity: .
The Digital Materials Specialist will support the Materials Development Manager to work with the Early Grade Reading and SRGBV teams to develop ICT support for teacher training, coaching and supervision (including audio, video, and interactive media resources) and resources for community-based and classroom learning in EGR and prevention of SRGBV. This is a full-time position based in Kampala, Uganda.
Selected Required Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, an advanced degree or training in digital resource production is an added advantage;
• Minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible and directly relevant experience;
• Experience producing digital teaching and learning resources, preferably for EGR instruction and/or anti-SRGBV campaigns
• Experience in audio and video production and knowledge of audio and video production resources and assets in Uganda
• Graphic design experience (InDesign preferred) and knowledge of market for digital asset production in Uganda.