|Date Posted||October 9, 2019|
Watoto Child Care Ministries is a ministry of Watoto Church that rescues vulnerable children and restores dignity to them by providing holistically for their physical, spiritual and emotional needs. Watoto has operations in Kampala, Wakiso, Mpigi and Gulu.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Academics & Supervision
- Design, implement, manage and evaluate academic time tables and programs
- Ensure internal and external curricula reforms are adhered to and supported throughout the school
- Coordinate all external and internal examinations for the schools through the internal and external examination bodies.
- Supervise heads of departments to ensure quality delivery of teaching and efficient assessment of learners according to set standards.
- Coordinate activities of the academic board as chair person
- Encourage a culture of creativity and innovation in the schools and ensure that ICT intergration is included in the teaching and learning process
- Draw and implement an efficient support supervsion program for the teaching team.
- Ensure that all teaching tools and materials are updated at all times
- Oversee, supervise and report on library and laboratory usage and activities
Monitoring and evaluation
- Monitor and evaluate the quality of teaching and learning to determine improvement strategies for effective learning
- Monitor, track and evaluate academic standards and progress to ensure continuous improvement
- Compile academic activity reports with recommendations in line with set targets and workplan
Growth and Development
- Identify professional development needs and gaps and make recommendations to head teacher
- Design and implement in-house training modules to address specific contexualised school needs
- Ensure that there is efficient functioning of peer learning committees
- Identify, mentor and groom potential heads of departments
Record keeping and stewardship
- Maintain comprehensive academic records for all students and teachers.
- Manage the academic fields of the Watoto schools information management system.
- Coordinate sufficient and timely supply of teaching materials and equipment.
- Support total stewardship of all learning material, equipment and infrastructure.
- Planning and carrying out classroom instruction
- Assessment and evaluation of learners
- Academic timetable and school programs in place
- Smooth and efficient examination procedures and processes in place
- Academic board fully constituted and functional
- Evidence of creativity, innovation and ICT integration is in place
- Supervision program developed and functional
- Record of teaching tools and materials available
- Logs and reports on monthly school activities
- Timely reports
- Training plan and modules in place
- Evidence of heads of department groomed and mentored
- Efficient and effective WSIMS
- Records for learning materials, equipment and infrastructure
- Teaching file
- Assessment records
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate for the Watoto Child Care Ministries Deputy Head Teacher- Academics job opportunity should have related qualifications
All suitably qualified and interested candidates within the Watoto Education Directorate can apply by clicking on the link below.