|Date Posted||November 20, 2023|
• Effective controlling of day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as invoicing, payments, revenue collection and all other business transaction
• Timely tax filling and compliance, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary
• Accurately maintain financial data and prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports
• Financial systems timely updating maintains General ledgers, Trial Balance, Balance sheet, P&L and financial analytical reports.
• Establish and maintain financial policies and strong controlling procedures for the company
• Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
• Support the accounting team ensuring a full, accurate and timely recording and reconciliation of all transactions in the Books of Accounts.
• Follow-up, monitor and review to ensure proper MIS reports are issued every month.
• Ensure accurate and complete customer and vendor reconciliation, and issuance of reports and follow up on reconciliation items.
• Liaise with BU heads for due business support and financial control.
• Liaise with Auditors, HO, and Statutory agencies on financial related matters.
• Ensure valid contracts, agreements, LPO’S and any other necessary documents are in place with corresponding transactions. Full Documentation of all transactions need to be ensured in a timely manner.
• Check and ensure accuracy of Payment documents, vouchers, bank updates etc.
• Ensure accurate Payroll preparation and disbursement of salaries
• Working Capital management; liaise with Banks for business funding, effective cash management, FX risk mitigation and renewal of facilities etc.
• Ensure all statutory dues –e.g. PAYE, SDL, VAT etc. are accurately captured and submitted in time.
• Ensure timely and adequate insurance coverage for Company’s assets and risks.
• Manage the Year-end financial closing, External & Internal audits & URA audits.
• Provide due financial and related reports for management for appropriate actions.
• Exception reporting highlighting control weaknesses with suggested actions.
• Ensure proper follow up and monitoring of debtors collection
• Perform any other duties assigned from time to time
• MIS preparation and monthly reports submission
• Group reporting, financial reports, business analytics and financial controlling
• Statutory compliance, timely tax filling and URA audits
• Ensuring timely payments processing and effective business support
• Accurate Bank Reconciliation on a daily basis
• Assisting Accounting team with review/approval of entries
• Reconciliation of URA Account in ERP
• Year-end Finalization of Books of Accounts – Tata Uganda
• Resolving issues of Internal Audit Findings
• Intercompany transactions & operations
• 5+ years’ experience
• Accounting, Group Reporting, ERP knowledge (preferably SAP) and Pre-audit skills
• Financial control and management skills
• Proficiency in Risk management
• Adept in handling Taxation and Statutory obligations
• Full knowledge of the local laws in the country
• Bachelor’s degree in commerce or business administration or any other related field majoring in Accounting/Finance.
• Membership in ACCA/CPA or its equivalent
Relevant years of Experience:
• At least 4 years’ experience in a similar position
• Multinational Group Reporting Experience
Competencies: · Business acumen
• Financial management skills
• Customer care skills
• Availability of accurate data in the system
• Timely preparation and submission of financial reports
• Compliance and high level of integrity
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Proficiency in MS Office*Excel applications
• High level of integrity