|Date Posted||August 28, 2019|
FHI 360 is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for the USAID funded Voluntary Family Planning for Improved Reproductive Health and Development project in Uganda. The project will support improving access to affordable, quality family planning services and a wide range of contraceptive methods especially at community level. Expected results include improving leadership and coordination in support of family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH) programs, defining and addressing social and cultural practices that negatively impact adoption of FP/RH behaviors, and strengthening comprehensive FP services. The DCOP will be responsible for supporting the COP in their duties and managing the anticipated program's implementation and oversee its performance, management and operations. The duration of the project is five years and the position will be based in Kampala. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project to FHI 360 and final USAID approval of the candidate.
- Support the COP in the overall management of the program.
- Facilitate the achievement of program objectives and targets with management and technical support.
- Review project deliverables for completeness, accuracy, and continuous quality improvement and meeting the targets.
- Participate in the development of the project strategic and operational plans and oversee the development and successful implementation of the annual work plans.
- Together with the COP ensure timely, high-quality and complete submission of work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other reports required by USAID.
- Develop program and financial management systems, policies, procedures and tools to design, implement, monitor, and improve program operations, and document/disseminate best practices and lessons learnt.
- Work with the COP to develop and nurture positive coordination and collaboration with the partner organizations.
- Meet regularly with USAID to share progress, accomplishments, and challenges in partnership with the COP. Liaise regularly with USAID on the current and future strategic direction, and act on behalf of COP when delegated this authority.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Master’s Degree or 3 years of professional exposure working in mid to senior – management position (in addition to the below requirement of 7 years).
- A minimum of 7 years of mid to senior level experience in designing, implementing or managing health programs for developing countries with large, complex, family planning, sexual, and reproductive health programs preferred
- At least five years of experience working in reproductive health and family planning programs in Uganda
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, depth and breadth of management expertise – and experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of how social norms and gender dynamics influence programming.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with senior-level colleagues, particularly interacting productively, proactively, and comfortably with government agencies, NGOs, private sector groups, USAID and donor organizations.
- Familiarity with USG regulations and administrative procedures in the implementation of donor assisted projects.
- Ability to work independently and manage various tasks in a team setting on a daily basis.
- Excellent past performance references (contacts must be provided, including email addresses);
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office software, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent writing, organizational and communication skills.