|Date Posted||August 11, 2020|
IT / Information Technology
To maintain the integrity of client data through regular administrative and maintenance tasks as well as catering for growth of client data through continuous enhancement activities. The role also involves maintaining upstream and downstream integration between the servers and other systems.
- Database installation (or Deployment in Cloud), upgrade and patching
- Create models for new database development or changes to existing ones
- Parameter and configure relevant network components
- Ensure database access, consistency and integrity
- Plan and coordinate data migrations
- Implement database encryption and data encryption
- Plan and ensure compliance with established best practices, related policies and legislation
- Establish end-user database access control levels
- Deploy database change scripts provided by third party vendors.
- Troubleshoot Server database and services outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends.
- Manage business requests within (Service Level Agreement) SLA time-frames.
- Configure database monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms.
- Ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the business’s Recovery Point Objectives (RPO).
- Test backups to ensure the business is able to meet Recovery Time Objectives (RTO).
- Provide reporting on various metrics including availability, usage and performance
- Performance testing and benchmark activities
- When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including (hardware purchases – NA AWS), server configuration changes, or index/query changes and advise management to action.
- Monitor, flag and report any problems to relevant technical specialists.
- Write incident reports on problems and ensure all relevant stakeholders are informed.
- Document system, policies and processes
- Maintain awareness of the control framework.
- Provide ad hoc reports in line with stakeholder requests
- Act in an ethical, transparent and morally defensible manner, including highlighting unethical practices.
- Plan and manage own workflow, anticipating obstacles, juggling priorities and following through on objectives within agreed time-frames and according to quality standards.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Graduate in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline;
- Professional certification
- 3 to 5 years relevant working knowledge & experience in database (DB) management software for PostgreSQL, SQLite, and any other, DB architecture, and DB security.
- Experience with cloud services AWS.
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are encouraged to apply by uploading an application/cover letter in Pdf/Microsoft Word format not exceeding 2MBs stating the exact position they are applying for, current and expected salary, daytime contacts, detailed Curriculum Vitae with three professional referees.